Thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

redrocker652002

Reaction score
Not the best time to find out my old thermometer might be a bit off on it's readings. It is an old digital one I have had for a number of years. What do you guys use? I am not looking for something that is going to give me the temp on the moon. LOL. Just a good easy to read thermometer that works well in the beer world. Thanks to all. RR

DBhomebrew

Reaction score
For a great price, Inkbird has a nice 'instant' read model with the ability to use a leave-in probe or two.

Erik the Anglophile

Reaction score
I use a Milwaukee TH 310, very pleased with it. Easy to read, fairly long probe and no unnecessary mumbo jumbo functions, it shows temp of stuff and that's it.

Mike B1190

Reaction score
Not sure if you want a probe style thermometer or just something handheld, but I really like my thermoworks thermapen. It reads fast and is accurate as far as I can tell. It has a backlight and rotating display so you can read it at pretty much any angle.

I mainly use it to check the strike water and mash temp after I dough in as well as the wort temperature after chilling. It might be a little expensive if you're just using it for brewing but it's proven to be indispensible in the kitchen. I always have it within reach to temp meat that I'm cooking these days.

Broken Crow

Ale's what cures 'ya
Reaction score
I use several different types of thermometers depending on the what and where. Everyone has their favourite handheld type, but I'm wondering that's what you're asking about, rather than fixed-in-hardware units?

timpoulsen

Mongo
Reaction score
Thermoworks is one of what I use. Simple, accurate, easy to read, gets easily into any part of your mash.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-26 144042.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-26 144042.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0

hotbeer

Opinionated Newb
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ThermoWorks most anything you want from the kitchen or grilling selections. I find that I use my Thermapen the most. 3 seconds is all you need to get an accurate temp. Their Dot meat thermometer is my second go to thermometer on brew day.

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
I also use a Thermoworks RT610B-24 24" digital thermometer. Love it!
I also have both Mark 1 and Mark 4 Thermapens for cooking/BBQing/etc. Aside from working with starters they aren't that useful for brewing...

Cheers!

OP
OP
R

redrocker652002

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks to all who replied. My use is multi function Will be in my mash, post boil wort to see when temp is right to pitch and maybe bbq meat temps. I have to see what the boss, aka the wife, wants to go with. But I appreciate all the input. You guys rock. RR

Latest posts