Thermobarrel

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

CWood

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 15 gallon Chapman thermobarrel, which I love, and noticed mine is different than the ones I see on line. I actually looked at a few in the shop and noticed the floor model was what I see on line, but the boxed versions appear "updated" with a new lid, false bottom, and 1\2 inch ports. The lid doesn't have those latch things sticking off the lid and the latches connect directly to it. The lid also has a removable round lid that has a port for an airlock. The domed false bottom is almost the full width of the bottom, and the inside male connections are 1\2 inch. The Chapman label is also etched and not a sticker. I guess these are a new run with some updated features? I see no mention of this on the web and no pics anywhere. Did I get a new version or is this a random run? Anyone have one like this? . Any idea what's going on with these? I like the new one better btw. Lol

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I have no idea. I used to buy the products directly from Chapman and it was great. Ever since he outsourced distribution to BrewCraft it's been a total nightmare. I can't get a full pallet of Chapman products at any time so there's no way for me to sell them anymore and not lose money.

OP
CWood

CWood

Reaction score
Thanks. The box did have brewcraft tape. It was also missing a couple pieces of hardware (for the false bottom) but my lhbs took care of that. The tun itself, however, was a little nicer imo than the other version I saw. Sturdier handles and a better lid anyway. Thanks again......about to get a sparge setup from u, and the spincycle works awesome in my 15gallon kettle.

Latest posts