Therminator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goudaphunk

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm looking into purchasing a therminator. I was wondering what I would need in addition to the tool. Like hoses, connectors, etc. Is it hard to hook up initially? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jimmy

If you're not wed to the Therminator, you can buy a much better performing PC for quite a bit less. Check out the B3-23A "30 Long" Dudadiesel PC. It's fairly popular on HBT.

Orientation is important. DD apparently recommends resting the PC on its back with the ports up. I actually run mine vertically with the wort going from bottom to top and water running top to bottom and the performance is amazing.

As for what you need, that pretty much depends on how you want to hook it up. You can specify all of the port types, and one option is to use 1/2" NPT for the wort side and 3/4" GHT couplers for the water size. Or go all 1/2" NPT. Either way, you can then decide if you want to add quick disconnects to any or all ports.

fwiw, I have 1/2" NPT ports on the wort ports with camlock disconnects, and GHTs on the water side with disconnects made for those fittings. I can pull everything off fairly quickly if I want to stuff the PC in the oven for a baking...

Cheers!

Back