Therminator owners...how do you connect your water hoses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Therminator, but one consistent issue I've had with it is that I cannot make quality, leak-proof connections on the water in/out on the darn thing.

My water-in connection uses a female-female swivel hose adapter that I picked up at Home Depot or Lowe's or somesuch. That thing leaks at the place in between the swivels. I would like to replace it with something, but don't really have a good idea of what to replace it with. I suppose I could build myself a little adapter hose with some barbed connectors, but it seems like a lot of work and extra parts for what should be a simple fix.

My water-out connection leaks out of the hose side of the swivel connector. I am not exactly sure what I should be doing here other than replacing a 100ft hose...

What I have been resorting to so far is putting the whole shebang over a bucket, so that as it leaks it collects (mostly) into the bucket, instead of getting all over the place.

I used that black female to female hose that's used to hook up the hot and cold water to washing machines. I used two, one for the input and one for the output. Then I attached the garden hoses to them, no leaks. These hoses can be found at any hardware store and come in varing lengths.

I used that black female to female hose that's used to hook up the hot and cold water to washing machines. I used two, one for the input and one for the output. Then I attached the garden hoses to them, no leaks. These hoses can be found at any hardware store and come in varing lengths.

Hmm that's not a bad idea, and I already have a couple of new ones sitting around.

I also found very cheap 3/4" quick disconnects at Lowes. They work perfectly, never a leak. Mine are brass with thick rubber grips. Garden dept., for hoses.

Bottom right corner of the box on right... sorta hard to see I know, it's all I have. My therminator is in that box.

IMG_05554.JPG

Back