There is a new beer bar in GR Michigan.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look, I'm so going to go and check it out.

They are going to have guest brewers come in and brew on site. Here is the cool part, they are even going to let homebrews compete to brew there.. :ban: I am going to try really hard to do this.

HopCat

Their site looks nice, the bar looks like a great resource for trying different styles out if nothing else. Plus a good scotch selection...tasty. I can't make the opening but I'd love to hear the story if somebody does.

jmiracle said:
Their site looks nice, the bar looks like a great resource for trying different styles out if nothing else. Plus a good scotch selection...tasty. I can't make the opening but I'd love to hear the story if somebody does.

I'm going there tonight. They don't "open" until Saturday but they are having a pre-open party for members of the local homebrew club (prime time brewers) and members of Beer Advocate. Members of either can attend and bring one guest. All brews are half price too.. I can't wait... :ban:

FSR402 said:
Take a look, I'm so going to go and check it out.

They are going to have guest brewers come in and brew on site. Here is the cool part, they are even going to let homebrews compete to brew there.. :ban: I am going to try really hard to do this.

HopCat

Oh my word...That looks like it could be Michigan's Beer Mecca!!!

So just how far is GR from Port Huron?

:mug:

My wife's assistant has a part time bar tending job there and for the last two months he's had to go thru some king of beer school. He has to take a final exam last night and if he failed he could not serve. They want everyone that works there to know what they are serving and how it should be served.

Oh man what a great place (the $2 drafts tonight was good too).
Think The Hideout meets the BOB.
So many beers on tap and in bottles, if you can't find something you like you should just stick to water. We only had an appetizer but the food menu looked great also.
Wendy's only complaint was "there is no chocolate on the menu".
I talked to the head brewer at Schmohz Brewing I did not talk to but I did see the brewers from Hideout Brewing, Founders Brewing, New Holland Brewing Company, Bell's Brewery, Short's Brewing, and Arcadia Brewing.
The place was packed and we were there for over an hour before we got a table. But not a big deal, we got a few beers and walked around until a waiter that Wendy knows told us one of his tables was opening up.

If you are ever in GR you need to let me know, I'll meet you there and buy you a pint. :mug:

FSR402 said:
Oh man what a great place (the $2 drafts tonight was good too).
Think The Hideout meets the BOB.
So many beers on tap and in bottles, if you can't find something you like you should just stick to water. We only had an appetizer but the food menu looked great also.
Wendy's only complaint was "there is no chocolate on the menu".
I talked to the head brewer at Schmohz Brewing I did not talk to but I did see the brewers from Hideout Brewing, Founders Brewing, New Holland Brewing Company, Bell's Brewery, Short's Brewing, and Arcadia Brewing.
The place was packed and we were there for over an hour before we got a table. But not a big deal, we got a few beers and walked around until a waiter that Wendy knows told us one of his tables was opening up.

If you are ever in GR you need to let me know, I'll meet you there and buy you a pint. :mug:

That place sounds awesome. I think it'd be a real interesting place to go and try local beers, different styles, etc. Plus they'll have somebody's homebrew on tap it sounds like once they get going.

I'm going to a conference in GR in February, I'll be pushing my coworkers to at least stop by.

jmiracle said:
That place sounds awesome. I think it'd be a real interesting place to go and try local beers, different styles, etc. Plus they'll have somebody's homebrew on tap it sounds like once they get going.

I'm going to a conference in GR in February, I'll be pushing my coworkers to at least stop by.
Let me know when you're in town and I'll meet you there.

Hey awesome! Sorry I just assumed the part about meeting someone was directed at the other guy in the thread, yeah I'll let you know!

Good Lord. The beer menu is impressive.

Why wasn't GR this cool when I used to live there?

BrianP said:
Good Lord. The beer menu is impressive.

Why wasn't GR this cool when I used to live there?
Well, um, never mind I'm not going to say it... :D

But really GR has cleaned up a lot in the last 10 years and we are getting some cool stuff here.

Dude, you can't expect many to know what the BOB is, without at least saying it is the Big Old Building that is filled with different bars on each level. :D

Downtown GR is a drinker's paradise!:mug:

I'd love to meet you there-but working 7 days till Memorial WE, from the looks of it...

Back