The **** you see on TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm having my nightcap (on a long day of drinking) and what do I see on TV? An ad for "wax vac"? What the smurf?! Apparently those of us that use Q-tips to clean our ears are courting deafness or even death by using these dangerous items. :rolleyes:

mcbaumannerb said:
So I'm having my nightcap (on a long day of drinking) and what do I see on TV? An ad for "wax vac"? What the smurf?! Apparently those of us that use Q-tips to clean our ears are courting deafness or even death by using these dangerous items. :rolleyes:

It's not a good ad if it didn't include a black and white reenactment of someone hurting themselves with a q-tip in their ear. :)

I almost died twice yesterday using those old-fashioned Q-tips!

It's not a good ad if it didn't include a black and white reenactment of someone hurting themselves with a q-tip in their ear. :)

I have seen this one, does show a reenactment- but in color...:cross:

BobbiLynn said:
I have seen this one, does show a reenactment- but in color...:cross:

Aww that's a shame. You have to love the commercials with a ridiculous black and white reenactment using a different product gone wrong then contrast it with a full color one using their product with the person smiling at how wonderful it is. Atleast this one had a "real" doctor endorsing it though. That's convincing. In fact, what's the number? I might have to call and order one. Hopefully if I call soon I can double my order and just pay separate processing and handling.

My family actually all gets together to watch these commercial and die laughing. I like the one for the nose hair trimmer with the jamming a pair of scissors up his nose.

The thermal shaver where the woman is shaving her husband's chest gets me. It's called the no-no, as in, if my wife ever buys that for me, I will look at her and say "NO NO!!" and then run screaming from the room.

Ever get really congested when you have the flu and you cant breathe through your nose? I wonder if the wax vac could serve a dual purpose...

CreamyGoodness said:
Ever get really congested when you have the flu and you cant breathe through your nose? I wonder if the wax vac could serve a dual purpose...

I'm pretty sure there is a battery powered snot sucker for babies. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure there is a battery powered snot sucker for babies. Ugh.

I'd only look at that if it was corded and could be rewired to run on 220v. :eek: Suck the snot out of them for life, with just one use. :rockin:

Or use a bulb syringe

You mean a turkey baster?

Get a BIG one. You know, the long ones the LHBS sells. :D Just be sure to have the evil chuckle going as you approach the patient/victim with it. :eek: :D

I change the channel the instant that commercial comes on. The guy's scream kills me.

I laugh every time I see that commercial. The guy jamming the q-tip in his ear and yelling "OW!" just gets me rolling.

This!! I love how he screams. Then looks at the Q-Tip as if to say "I should have listened to all those warnings, Q-Tip bin Laden."

Back