The Way She Fr**gin Gose (AG Kettle Sour)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coontail

Reaction score
A nice refreshing tart limey gose, salt is just barely noticeable with coriander supporting the zestyness. Light but in no way watery, plenty of flavor. Sourness is perfect

Ingredients Bill:

5.25# Pils (German)
2.75# Wheat Malt (German

.40 oz Himalayan Salt (10 min)
2 Tbsp Coriander (5 min)
Zest of 6 limes (Flameout)

5 Capsules Swanson L.Plantarum Lactobacillus
US-05

Procedure:

Mashed at 152 for 60 minutes

Boiled for 15 minutes

Cooled down to 90°f

Pitched lacto and kettle soured for 3 days at 83°f

Brought back to boil for 15 minutes

Added Salt, Coriander, and Lime zest

Cooled, pitched yeast yada yada yada

I tried to add gelatin and so far (5 days) I've noticed no difference but then again the cloudyness makes it look like limeade

20181221_192833.jpeg

Way she F** gose boys, way she F** gose.

No hops in this recipe?
That's the reference haha and no hops. You could add however much hops in the post souring boil, any amount of hops before adding the lacto will effect how sour your beer comes out

If you're worried of it being too sweet the sourness balances it out instead of bitterness from hops

Definitely brewing this for the name!!
Coontail what was your starting water/water to fermenter? Also, I've been looking into brewing a Gose, seems you need to keep PH under 5, did you check PH of yours?

Haha awesome!

I can't remember exactly what I had but are trying to do an extract batch? Not sure if I understand your question on the volumes 100%

About the pH, if I remember correctly it may have been around 3.8 I could be wrong

Ahhhh ok

Mashed in with 10 quarts with a 19.84 quart sparge

Post boil should be 5 gallons

Do you have beersmith?

No Beersmith.

I think I'll try it out with those proportions of water you mentioned! Thanks, I'll try it out this weekend!

Back