The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand Michonne's motive for going on the raid of the town. Revenge? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it. It can't be to get a glimpse of Maggie's boobs. How could she have known?

I hope they cover themselves in walker blood and take that mob from the house with them. That would be awesome.

Do you think Hershel will get a pegleg? Awesome, too.

You dont get backstory, but can kinda tell from actions.
Michonnes kind of a loner, didnt fit in when society was normal, but found her place in the zombocolypse. Andrea was the first person shes really trusted, she feels betrayed by but yet worried for her friend. to compound that she wants merles head on a plate for shooting her. She senses that woodbury is a dangerous place, and it was confirmed after they tried to hunt her down when she left.

You dont get backstory, but can kinda tell from actions.
Michonnes kind of a loner, didnt fit in when society was normal, but found her place in the zombocolypse. Andrea was the first person shes really trusted, she feels betrayed by but yet worried for her friend. to compound that she wants merles head on a plate for shooting her. She senses that woodbury is a dangerous place, and it was confirmed after they tried to hunt her down when she left.

Still, if she's a loner, going in with a group (a group she just met no less) on a raid doesn't make sense. I would think she would be more apt to hunt merle and the Gov solo and take them out when they go out on one of their missions.

I've gone on many a raid in WoW to know that someone wielding a huge sword never works out well for those around them.

She's injured. She was shot in the leg by Merle and is now limping. So she can't go on a solo hunt. Hershel patched her up best he could. She sympathized with him for a moment knowing it was his daughter who was abducted by the same madman that shot her. Plus, she saw the group care for the baby which may have had an impact of changing her initial perception of them. Their group is also much smaller so it's easier for her to analyze their situation, as she seems to constantly do.

All of these things allowed her be more comfortable than she was with the Governor's group. She may also feel that she owes it to them for patching her up to show Rick where his friends are being held. And Michonne might have an inkling that Rick's group is Andrea's former posse, as mentioned on Talking Dead.

Either way... why does this need to be overanalyzed? Take it for what it is or watch it over again.

She's injured. She was shot in the leg by Merle and is now limping. So she can't go on a solo hunt. Hershel patched her up best he could. She sympathized with him for a moment knowing it was his daughter who was abducted by the same madman that shot her. Plus, she saw the group care for the baby which may have had an impact of changing her initial perception of them. Their group is also much smaller so it's easier for her to analyze their situation, as she seems to constantly do.

All of these things allowed her be more comfortable than she was with the Governor's group. She may also feel that she owes it to them for patching her up to show Rick where his friends are being held. And Michonne might have an inkling that Rick's group is Andrea's former posse, as mentioned on Talking Dead.

Either way... why does this need to be overanalyzed? Take it for what it is or watch it over again.

I'm going to take this post as intended ironically. It's the only way I can make sense of the universe.

Because it's an internet thread of the show on a board for homebrewers who are known to overanalyze every aspect of everything before taking the next step?

Also, thanks for your details. I don't read the comics or watch the Talking Dead. Just the show. It's all I have time for. Well that, and this thread. :D

The biggest question I have is why is Michonne holding back so much information the town? She knows who Rick and the group are from Andrea and she heard Merl asking about Deryl when he took Glenn and Maggie. So why not tell them exactly what they are getting into?

Still trying to figure out the governors motivation is for his madness too. Why does he keep killing people that could help the cause? It seems like he doesn't want anyone to live through the Z-apocalypse unless he helps them...

Great season though! I'm going to be jonesing for zombies over the mid season break!

Still trying to figure out the governors motivation is for his madness too. Why does he keep killing people that could help the cause? It seems like he doesn't want anyone to live through the Z-apocalypse unless he helps them...

I think he simply doesn't want anyone to challenge his authority. That's why he killed those soldiers originally. He doesn't want the us government around. He wants to be the "governor."

BUT it's not like he wants to set himself up as a feudal lord or anything. At least he's not doing it in a way you expect or are used to in other post apocalyptic entertainment.

I think the apocolypse is the governor's chance at greatness. He said he had a modest life and now he can actually live well in comfort and with power. He doesn't want to lose that. I think all of his decisions are for the safety of his town and the safety of his position.

I think all of his decisions are for the safety of his town and the safety of his position.

Sure. Oh, and the justification of keeping his walker daughter in a hidden room with a pillowcase on her head. Yep, all about safety and survival.
:p

Sure. Oh, and the justification of keeping his walker daughter in a hidden room with a pillowcase on her head. Yep, all about safety and survival.
:p

And don't forget the zombie perimeter-ed cage matches.

The dude is just on a power trip and needs someone like Rick to smack his a$$ back down to reality. We saw more of the Governor's boner for power with the whole Maggie interrogation scene. In the comics, I believe he actually raped one of Hershel's daughters, but this was most likely the "rated TV" version of that.

I'm interested to find out more about the Gov's back story, I haven't read the comic but it will be funny to see that he used to be something like an office copy repairman or something. The whole story line about Mr. Coleman, was that really something set up by the Gov to test for any memories he hopes his daughter is retaining? How long is the mid-season intermission going to last? Was Glenn as bad azz in the comic?
Overall a decent episode, hopefully leading up to some serious action. Wonder what the peaceful people of Woodbury will think of the raid?

I'm interested to find out more about the Gov's back story, I haven't read the comic but it will be funny to see that he used to be something like an office copy repairman or something. The whole story line about Mr. Coleman, was that really something set up by the Gov to test for any memories he hopes his daughter is retaining? How long is the mid-season intermission going to last? Was Glenn as bad azz in the comic?
Overall a decent episode, hopefully leading up to some serious action. Wonder what the peaceful people of Woodbury will think of the raid?

The story of the comic is very different, it feels almost like a parallel universe using some common characters and inventing a few others.

I like it because I can't predict what will happen in the show this way but at the same this make it harder to compare the characters(comic vs show) because they don't live the same events.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
The Gov: Take off your shirt.
The Gov: Take off your shirt.
Me : Yeah! Take off your shirt!

Haha, I almost felt a little guilty for rooting for the gov when he decided to get all rapey but I'll admit it, I couldn't help but think if this show was on Cinemax instead of AMC this could get real interesting real quick!

Haha, I almost felt a little guilty for rooting for the gov when he decided to get all rapey but I'll admit it, I couldn't help but think if this show was on Cinemax instead of AMC this could get real interesting real quick!

Luckily, we are allowed lax morals due to the content of the show. ;)

mcwilcr said:

As much as I wanna see her take her shirt off, the scene made me so angry. I just want to see Glen go berserk and kill the governor as slowly and painfully as possible. All the best revenge films are from Asia so I'm hoping for the best.

As much as I wanna see her take her shirt off, the scene made me so angry. I just want to see Glen go berserk and kill the governor as slowly and painfully as possible. All the best revenge films are from Asia so I'm hoping for the best.

Yeah, I'd like to see him do some math too, but I don't wanna be in a car he is driving......What? Hey! You started it!! ;)

I don't know,watching glen go berserk on the gov wild be nice but I'm thinking Maggie has had some pretty righteous kills this season so maybe it's time for her to try out her skills on a fleshy.

WALKING DEAD ROCKS!

If you have not seen the other seasons I would advise you to buy or download or pirate them first, Then check out the new season.....

For some reason I am craving a really really rare steak now

I think the apocolypse is the governor's chance at greatness. He said he had a modest life and now he can actually live well in comfort and with power. He doesn't want to lose that. I think all of his decisions are for the safety of his town and the safety of his position.

Like the General in The Postman. He was a former copying machine repairman!

Last year when I discovered the show I was able to watch all the shows from season 1 episode 1 up to current on demand through comcast.
Haven't missed one since.

Airborneguy said:
The middle line of the three you wrote... I don't think anyone frequenting this thread needed that PSA. Grow a skin, it was a joke.

Don't get me wrong..... I was not offended just
Didn't understand why u wanted me to read the first page? I read it before I posted and didn't get your point that's all... I should've used emoticons to give my expression...

So when team prison lays the smack down on Woodbury where do Andrea's loyalties lie?

To the group that sort of abandoned her, or the Governor's johnson?

aygov said:
So when team prison lays the smack down on Woodbury where do Andrea's loyalties lie?

Ve cut it off!

aygov said:

I'm betting she will somehow find out about Glenn and Maggie and side with the group.

aygov said:

Dude that was hysterical! Anybody who's going to brew forum is most likely over 21 anyway so... Lol

Here's the thing about that lady.... She's kind of shifty. She was kind of setting up a little conspiracy with the punk deputy before Rick did him in... And Simone Saved her a** and rescued her and cared for her And she didn't stay loyal to her when Simone felt that something was off with the governor and left...

Not to mention you know the Woodberry crew aren't Brewing or growing anything....
You ALL KNOW that's how Daryl and T-Dog broke there tension! You just know one of those dudes has a moonshine operation set up & the other is growing a little somethin' somethin'....
Rick's crew is definitely the fun crew! Lol

(WARNING: Due to the content of this post parental discretion is advised)

I think Glen is the only character I actually still like in this show. Going from that scared kid in Atlanta in season 1 to destroying a walker while bound to a chair is pretty freaking awesome. I can't really be interested in Rick very much as I think this guy is a terrible actor. I really liked Dale too...

I'm going to blow your mind here... What if the whole Zombie Apocalypse in "The Walking Dead" is a dream Rick is having while he is in his coma?

I think Glen is the only character I actually still like in this show. Going from that scared kid in Atlanta in season 1 to destroying a walker while bound to a chair is pretty freaking awesome. I can't really be interested in Rick very much as I think this guy is a terrible actor.

I'm with you on this. I liked Rick early on, but in the second half of the last season and so far in this one it's all just a mess. It feels like they tried to add complexity to his character way too fast, and as a result what was probably intended as depth comes across as total incoherence.

Glen's great. I like Daryl too. I hear someone call him a Redneck Jedi once. I think he has the potential to heal America.

Glen and Daryl are pretty much the only characters left that if they got wacked I wouldn't actively celebrate or respond with "meh".

Back