The ultimate easy slider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenchiro

Reaction score
We based it off this page which is a pretty loose clone of White Castle, but damn if they aren't easy and tasty. The main difference on our end was doubling the amount of onion flakes and instead of seasoned salt we used adobo powder. Also the swiss flavored kraft singles give more tang to the burger and melt better than cheddar.

White Castle-like Sliders
1/2 cup dried onion flakes
2 pounds ground chuck- 80/20 ground beef
1/2 t. seasoned salt
6 slices cheddar cheese
24 small party rolls- I use Martin's Potato Bread Party Rolls
24 dill pickle slices

Evenly spread the onions on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Gently press the ground beef on top of the onion flakes. Press evenly making one giant pattie. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Using a paper towel, pat the excess grease from the top of the pattie. Top with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven, let set 5 minutes then cut into 24 patties. Slice open and separate each party roll. Place bottom of rolls on a large platter. Using a spatula lift pattie with onion layer onto each bun bottom. Top each slider with a pickle slice then the bun lid. Serve immediately. Makes 24 Sliders.

3631069364_68bc90e974.jpg

3630255341_0faa52a255.jpg

3631071062_4202a6ab65.jpg

3631071380_ac2f526ae1.jpg

Actually, Tenchiro and I halved the recipe as far as the beef and the pan goes and left the onion the same. (1lb ground chuck over 0.5C onion flakes in a smaller pan). This should cut into 12 sliders (and does nicely) but in the above pictures they were more generously cut. I think we made it into 8 or 10 patties. We used swiss cheese Kraft singles the second time around and Tenchiro is right, it really suited them much better than the high end cheddar and I am generally a cheese snob. Something about the creaminess of the melt brought it all together. All in all this was a really easy recipe and they reheated well in that steamy White Castle-ish way, I suspect kids would dig them.

Back