The Surprising Health Benefits of Beer! (Fox News March 15, 2012)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let me preface by saying I'm no scientist but question the merit of this article. How in any way is there more iron in dark beer.

Sorry but this article is a scientific peace of garbage.

I'm not saying alcohol is bad for your health, quite the contrary, but not for the argument they propose.

Any alcohol drink is good if you have 2 drinks a day for men and 1 everyday for women - sorry girl.

In fact it can reduce the all cause mortality by 14-18% depending on the meta-analysis you look.

Not the best article but a free one with a small abstract of the alcohol effect http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/content/full/55/13/1328

FOX-:rockin:- not

Homebrews :rockin: more than microbrews,although some micro`s
hit the mark and you gotta love that story.

These articles never talk about yeast & unfiltered beer - a bud light is basically as nutritious as a shot of grain alchohol - but a cask beer pulled fresh contains do many vitamins and nourishment - or homebrew

It is not hate, nor do I need to move. If more beer = better health I must be in astronaut like quality of health...

There was a recent poll taken (Google may help you find it) that showed that Fox news viewers were LESS informed than people that did NOT watch ANY news at all...

Must be an MSNBC fan...haha

I don't mean to carry on this tangent, but I really hate this whole "us vs them" attitude that is so prevalent nowadays. I personally dislike Fox news AND MSNBC for the same reason. They both sensationalize the news, and bend the truth to suit their political agendas. What they present is not "news" in the traditional sense, as it is almost never objective nor filled with any particular journalistic integrity. And both of them perpetuate the Republicans vs Democrats fallacy that is tearing this country apart.

That being said, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones if it means I can rationalize drinking beer more often. :ban:

It is not hate, nor do I need to move. If more beer = better health I must be in astronaut like quality of health...

There was a recent poll taken (Google may help you find it) that showed that Fox news viewers were LESS informed than people that did NOT watch ANY news at all...

I know the one. It was less "scientific" than this beer article. Speaking of the article, I think you missed this paragraph:

Just remember the golden rule: Everything in moderation. You don’t want to embarrass yourself in front of your friends by drinking too much, and you certainly don’t want to put yourself at risk for any long-term health effects like liver problems, kidney diseases and heart disease.

Watching the weather portion would keep you more informed, so the poll is, quite illogical.

I know the one. It was less "scientific" than this beer article. Speaking of the article, I think you missed this paragraph:

Wow I thought "The Golden Rule" was "Treat people how you want to be treated." but I guess since you and Faux news want me to drink in moderation, I will only drink until I start to feel intoxicated and then just go out and beat the piss out of the 1st people I see. (You do realize that you simply just PROVED my point right???)

let me preface by saying I'm no scientist but question the merit of this article. How in any way is there more iron in dark beer.

Just to speculate, it could be from the darker roasted grains. The roasting process could be releasing more minerals. In slash and burn agriculture, they burn everything on a plot of land to free up the minerals and then plant a crop. Same concept sort of.

LOL at the news station bashing. If ANY news station reported the "TRUTH" about what is going on in this country our GOVERNMENT would shut them ALL DOWN.

The point of this thread was that craft brews (home brews) are healthy in moderation...much more so than that clear swill they pass as "beer" in BMC cans.

Another beer article light on facts.

On the bright side, I did get to read an article about flesh eating bacteria eating a mans face half off.

LOL at the news station bashing. If ANY news station reported the "TRUTH" about what is going on in this country our GOVERNMENT would shut them ALL DOWN.

The point of this thread was that craft brews (home brews) are healthy in moderation...much more so than that clear swill they pass as "beer" in BMC cans.

Well said. Beer is good,why make it a negative?

Back