The Super Bowl helped teach me "Brewing Patience"!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTownLiquorPig

Reaction score
So I had bought some beers for the Super Bowl. Picked them up Friday morning, because the liquor store that carries the beer I wanted is about 30 minutes away and I wasn't going to have a spare hour any other time over the weekend. They were burning a hole in my fridge so to speak, but I managed to make it to Sunday afternoon with 7 left in the fridge!

Anyway, come second half kick off I was cracking my last beer, but I was still thirsty, so I grabbed two bottles that had been carbing for about 5 days and stuck them in the fridge. When I cracked the home brew there was a little hiss, and I got a little foam when I poured, but was it ever green! Not gonna do that again!

Yeah,I think we've all been stuck in a similar situation. Then learn pdq that patience is indeed a virtue. Welcome to the next level with that epipheny...:mug:

This is why we've usually got a case or two of various commercial beers sitting around at any given time. It was a lot harder in the beginning, but with a good solid pipeline now, we're not really hurting for homebrew but it doesnt hurt to be prepared!

Yeah,I think we've all been stuck in a similar situation. Then learn pdq that patience is indeed a virtue. Welcome to the next level with that epipheny...:mug:

Getting there! I need more fermenters, more beer money and more bottles to really take the next step.

This is why we've usually got a case or two of various commercial beers sitting around at any given time. It was a lot harder in the beginning, but with a good solid pipeline now, we're not really hurting for homebrew but it doesnt hurt to be prepared!

My problem is I've thrown all my "beer money" into brewing, so not too many beers have been floating through the door since November. But I've had a wack of homebrew brewed and some drank.

Lolz. Fermenters are like Lay's potato chips. No one can have just one! We've got 2 FV's & a bottling bucket. I'm thinking of making another set up like the bottling bucket as a secondary to re-load a fermenter for the ol' pipeline.

Yeah there seems to be a direct relationship between your pipeline and your patience. When the pipeline is low, so is your patience. That's when you NEED some craft brews to hold you over. But I also understand the homebrew needs burning a whole in the wallet not even allowing you to afford the craft beer. So next time tuck away atleast a 6-pack of homebrews in a place you'll never go, unless it is an emergency. This has worked for me, and boy are they usually tasty since they are aged so well!

i have 2 primary fermenters and a secondary glass carboy so i can get 3 beers going at once. I have a spare bottling bucket but id like to have that empty for just incase only cost me 15 bux for the 6.5 gallon primary fermenter lid and airlock not to expensive

I feel your pain... I only have a 2.5 gallon setup at the moment and I drink it faster than I can brew it. Luckily for my scrounging skills I have found a way to repurpose some things around the house and will be making bigger batches soon.

Latest posts

Back