The Show "Intervention"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

Reaction score
I personally (when I have nothing going on) like to drink some homebrew and watch the show intervention and sit there and laugh about how ridiculous these drug addicts/alcoholics are. I mean it is kinda sad but you kind of have to say "Where did i go wrong where i drink 30 beers a day" I mean I can drink but no where near 30 beers a day.

I also find it ironic that I am drinking some homebrew while watching a show about alcoholics/ drug addicts.

I love making a drinking game out of that show. everytime it shows them use you take a drink. they start a fight you take a drink, borrow/steal money, take a drink. and at the start of the segment you bet a whole beer if they 1) accept treatment or not and 2) fall off the wagon or not.

if you really want to get drunk in 30 minutes, this is the way to do it.

I'm a big fan of the show, but it seems they have way too many alcoholics on there. When it first started there were a lot more meth-heads and pill poppers. The alcoholics are usually just drunk a lot, and I see people drunk in real life, so this is not so interesting to me. The addicts that use hard drugs seem much crazier and are more interesting. In my opinion.

It would probably be just as good without the intervention part, actually. Not that I don't want these people to get better, but it can get a little slow during the family reading letters part.

I'm a big fan of intervention. The drunks are actually my favorite. There have been some great ones. I think my favorite was this drunkard lady who was supposed to pick up her elderly mom and aunt to go somewhere, but she got too hammered and had to go pick them up in a cab. Then she broke into their wine cabinet and had the producers distract them while she downed a bottle of wine in like 5 minutes. Lady was tee-rashed.

The ones I hate are the eating disorder ones, I could do without those.

I'm a big fan of intervention. The drunks are actually my favorite. There have been some great ones. I think my favorite was this drunkard lady who was supposed to pick up her elderly mom and aunt to go somewhere, but she got too hammered and had to go pick them up in a cab. Then she broke into their wine cabinet and had the producers distract them while she downed a bottle of wine in like 5 minutes. Lady was tee-rashed.

The ones I hate are the eating disorder ones, I could do without those.

Yeah there are some classic drunks (the lady you're talking about was one of my favorites), but I like variety too. Maybe the drinkers hit too close to home for me :tank:

I could do without the eating disorders, also the "shopaholic" episode.

Love this show. My favorite episode by far was that chick that sucked on cans of computer duster. Its crazy to think someone was like "Hey, I wonder if I can get trashed by breathing this stuff in?"

as for addiction. I am a former chef & alot of my friends are 12 steppers. I have addiction in my family. I personally not a fan of the show as i used to be. they dont do much for the families of the addicts. The family is just as screwed up as the addict is. I have personally had to stop talking to a few friends because of their addictions. It sucks, it hurts but it has to be done. Most addicts thought dont see that they have a problem they either hit rock bottom or have an intervention. Alot of addicts are what call maintaining which they dont get high or drunk they just need enough to maintain so they dont go through the DT's.

Love this show. My favorite episode by far was that chick that sucked on cans of computer duster. Its crazy to think someone was like "Hey, I wonder if I can get trashed by breathing this stuff in?"

Oh yeah, that one was epic. I forgot about that one. Beotch was crazy. Sitting there with her mom sucking on cans. lol

I watched an episode where this meth addicts Mother had several miscarriages and kept them in jars and would talk to them.

First and last show I watched.

I watched an episode where this meth addicts Mother had several miscarriages and kept them in jars and would talk to them.

That's crazy. And by crazy I mean really batsh!t bonkers danger to society crazy.

I've been fortunate to never really know a true alcoholic - like some of the ones on the show. There was this one lady in particular who was the prototypical PTA mom, attractive, 3 kids, good life - but then started drinking the hard stuff after work. One thing led to another and she was physically addicted to alcohol. She would be drunk 100% of the time and was downing entire bottles of mouthwash. She was a totally different person and a real danger to her kids. REAL alcoholism is a terrible thing and just as damaging to a person as any hard drug. I mean this lady went from being fine to really effed up, like homeless person with no sense of reality messed up. She didn't do anything but sleep, watch tv, and drink mouthwash.

I like the parts when they follow the people around while they get plastered. The parts with little kids and families involved sucks.

Damn dude. I've recorded every episode in the last two years and never seen that one. That's seriously f*cked up. I wonder if youtube has it.:D

I like most of what I see on Intervention. The only one I won't ever watch again was the eating disorder with the lady with the feeding tube that wouldn't swallow anything, but would still chew on pizza/burgers/whatever until it liquefied and then spit it into a cup. Damn, made myself gag just typing that.

Yea, I don't like watching the eating disorder ones. I work at a childrens psychiatric hospital as a nutritionist and I see that stuff every day and its no fun.... but people sucking down cans of computer cleaner.... now that is entertainment!

J/K....... not really

Damn dude. I've recorded every episode in the last two years and never seen that one. That's seriously f*cked up. I wonder if youtube has it.:D

I like most of what I see on Intervention. The only one I won't ever watch again was the eating disorder with the lady with the feeding tube that wouldn't swallow anything, but would still chew on pizza/burgers/whatever until it liquefied and then spit it into a cup. Damn, made myself gag just typing that.

I was talking about that episode at work the other day and within minutes everyone in the office was on youtube looking it up. Talk about not being able to look away from a train wreck.

The episode with the chick who did duster was a good one, too.

:off: Do yall ever catch obsessed? Some serious crazies on that show.

The guy was like Spanish and was a DJ IIRC or played guitar and leeched off his girlfriend. His Mother was in the Intervention. He was a meth addict and alcoholic. Late 30's. He was pretty far gone you could tell. I don't think you can recover that greatly from a horrible childhood like that, your stuck in permanent adolescence.

I absolutely love this show. It tells a great story of how an addict lives their lives and doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Is anyone besides me surprised at the really high percentage of addicts that had been either physically or mentally abused in their childhood? I know it's not an excuse at all I after hearing some of these abuse stories it does not surprise me in the least. An example was the woman who couldn't swallow anything and had to be tube fed. That fear of swallowing things stemmed from her sexual abuse as a child.

I personally love the alcoholic shows where it was just a normal soccer mom and something happened and now she's just in the gutter hiding mouthwash around the house. Just seeing the anguish of the kids is heartbreaking and I really hope the show provides some sort of counseling for the kids during and after mom gets clean.

Man... I hate that show. I'm so damn empathetic I look at the people in the show and go, "how am I any different from them?" and then get all depressed and have to put on South Park or something.

I personally (when I have nothing going on) like to drink some homebrew and watch the show intervention and sit there and laugh about how ridiculous these drug addicts/alcoholics are. I mean it is kinda sad but you kind of have to say "Where did i go wrong where i drink 30 beers a day" I mean I can drink but no where near 30 beers a day.

I also find it ironic that I am drinking some homebrew while watching a show about alcoholics/ drug addicts.

The show just depresses me. I don't know how you can laugh at the torture these people are going through (okay, okay, the one where the girl huffed air duster cans was kinda amusing).

Am I the only one who tried the duster after seeing this gal on the tee vee? Once was More than enough for me, but it does mess you up for about 30 seconds.

I didn't, but I did have a can in the living room and everybody who came over for the next week looked at me funny.

I did some whippets at 12,500feet then skied down through some trees. No more inhalants for this guy.

bernerbits, I'm with you. I can't watch that stuff, it depresses me. I was curious about the computer duster episode but didn't watch. My mom believed every commercial about drug use that was on TV in the 70's. She weirded us out about all drugs (alcohol wasn't a drug back then). It's was like reefer madness was a documentary. If you saw someone smoke a joint, the next day you would have a 1k$ a day heroin habit. My curiosity really is, why, would you ever voluntarily put a needle in your body? I have to psych myself up just to give blood once a year. I do feel for the families though. - Dwain

Back