The search continues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Shamrock28

Reaction score
Stilll looking for Crystal, Liberty and Vanguard rhizomes........

Parker36

Reaction score
Haven't seen those around. This should be the month to be looking for them, though. Maybe find a grower who has that type and make a special request?

What do you have so far? If you are looking for those three, I'm guessing you have quite a garden.

Stout Man

Reaction score
try Hop Rhizomes. Looks like they accept preorders. I read that there are newer varieties developed after liberty that are more favorable I guess, basically its going to be harder to find.

thymegarden used to have crystal. I have no idea about vanguard. Seems that you really like hallertau crossbreeds. If you don't already have these you might want to try mt.hood, sterling (maybe), Santiam, spalt or spalt select, and ultra. freshops is already sold out of ultra.

you can check here http://www.hoptech.com/cart/cart.php?target=category&category_id=311 when hops go one sale in 3 days.

Hopfarmer

Reaction score
I think that there are some quarantine issues on these.I have not been able to get details Glen

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Keystonehomebrew.com has Liberty (I ordered from them, but not received yet).

I too have been searching for crystal with no success-- thymegarden lists it as (not available in 2009).