The Oscars - what are you drinking? Do you give a ****?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a chocolate oatmeal stout, and I don't give a damn about the Oscars. I think I'll surf HBT instead, or wash my hair, or lay waste....

Deep-frying stuff and playing with the dogs ... the TV hasn't been on all day ...

Yuri_Rage said:
The Oscars are on?

My SWMBO actually turned off the Oscars to watch Raptor Force on PBS. There is some cool theory of flight and how the Raptors flight pertains to aircraft.

Yuri, they're showing the Stealth Fighter a lot.

Oh, and drinking Apfelwein.

Yuri_Rage said:
The Oscars are on?

My sentiments exactly.

Why is it that the crappy movies that most regular people have never heard of are the ones that always end up taking home the most awards?

Had a Pinot Noir with dinner, will probably crack a bottle of my one-n-only homebrew option a bit later. No idea who/what's up for an Oscar -- didn't even know they were on.

Rick

I'd rather watch a 2 hour rain delayed Nascar race.

Nothing makes me run out of the room faster than one of these pat-ourselves-on-the-back award shows.

Who gives a flyin ferck anyway...?

[EDIT] - Oh yeah, drinking a few pints of my Ugly Kettle Pale Ale.

Nothing makes me run out of the room faster than one of these pat-ourselves-on-the-back award shows.
I was channel surfing one night and ran across Kathy Griffin on what appeared to be a talk show. I'd seen Griffin as a stand-up, so paused on the channel. What I found interesting was that she had Tyra Banks (of whom I'd never heard) on talking to Banks about Banks' television talk show. They'll never die now because they've grown to where they have become self-sustaining.

Rick

I only knew it was on because I saw something about it on Yahoo. Instead, I watched a recorded History Channel special on the end of the world, which I've been meaning to watch for a while.

And, I'm drinking a robust porter, which will probably by hot tea with rum.

NASCAR and Oscars rate about the same for me. Oh, except the Oscars have more bare female flesh, so I think it would get the edge.

Funny, my wife watched the Oscars, and I watch a little bit of the red carpet because I was too lazy to get up. But, now I can't remember what I was doing while the oscars were on... Must not have been too exciting!

Since the Oscars are on now, time to bring back an old thread.

Sipping on an Old Rasputin, then on to a Speedway Stout.

I admit it. I enjoy watching the Oscars and the Grammys. Grammys over the Oscars.

So shoot me.
Well, OK.

402523227_c78730c6e5.jpg

Really Jason, I expected more from you.:D

Best part of the oscars is when they are over. Bruce Willis should just kick the doors down and kick everyones ass and take all the oscars by force.

Just watched Matt Kenseth win for the second week in a row. Only the 4th NASCAR driver ever to win the Dayton and then go on to win the next week's race.

Hollywood can Eat **** and Die.

Formula one is still a month away, and now they have ghey ass wings. and all kind of crazy **** to slow em down..... anyway, i will still NEVER watch NASCAR..... sorry my redneck bretheren, i would rather watch snooty euro-trash drive awesome machines, than rednecks drive crippled 30 year old technology slow around in circles....

oscars?

drinikin? well, no homebrew is drinkable right now, so the pinot griggio i bought to make sauteed mushrooms will have to do!

Formula one is still a month away, and now they have ghey ass wings. and all kind of crazy **** to slow em down..... anyway, i will still NEVER watch NASCAR..... sorry my redneck bretheren, i would rather watch snooty euro-trash drive awesome machines, than rednecks drive crippled 30 year old technology slow around in circles....

oscars?

drinikin? well, no homebrew is drinkable right now, so the pinot griggio i bought to make sauteed mushrooms will have to do!

Hmmmmm.

Formula one fan drinking white wine....who'd have figured? :D

Wife is watching, so I sat in there for a while. Then I left to get a Dog Fish Head 60 (real, not brewed mine yet). Can't stand award shows. Or NASCAR.

I'm looking forward to the changes in F1 this year. yeah the wings look horrible and they seem like they are 5 feet above the car but the rule changes aren't necessarily to 'slow them down' but to encourage more passing outside of the pits. the old rules let the teams mess with aerodynamics so much that it got to the point where they were finding ways to foul the air behind them making passing nearly impossible. especially with the teams that have the money. (McLaren, Ferrari . . .) I mean at least people pass other people in NASCAR. (not that I'm a fan. personally I like the LeMans/ALMS series) plus they are back on slicks and it'll be interesting to see how teams take advantage of KERS this year.

I spent the evening with my wife and son in the backyard planting seeds. Flowers, herbs, carrots, green beans, peas, bell peppers, Anaheim and poblano chilies, and green onions. One of the best days I've had in a long time. And now I'm finishing off my growler of Berliner Weisse.

oscars?

Maybe you'd be better suited to living in France??

I spent the evening with my wife and son in the backyard planting seeds. Flowers, herbs, carrots, green beans, peas, bell peppers, Anaheim and poblano chilies, and green onions. One of the best days I've had in a long time. And now I'm finishing off my growler of Berliner Weisse.

Nice way to spend a day.:mug:

I tried too but the ground is still too frozen :cross:

Back