The only thing I don't like about homebrewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEcted1

Reaction score
I love everything about homebrewing except for one thing...

How fast the stuff goes away! Now, i'm not the kind of guy that doesnt like to share my brew, but it gets difficult when all your friends come over and keep wanting more beer. I'm happy that they like it! but all of my weeks of efforts are gone in a matter of a few days when everybody wants more beer! Arrrggg. Either i'm a prick (because I feel this way), or i'm not enough of a prick (because I dont control the consumption of my beer very well)... i'm confused :confused:

Guess I just need to brew a couple more batches at a time!

I did my first batch, then waited a couple weeks before doing my second. I won't let that happen again. I was so involved in watching it ferment and what not (SWMBO thought I was the wierdest person on the planet for just watching my primary as much as I did)

Anyways, when the first batch was done, I couldn't get enough of it. And it went quick. But when I was out, I was completely out.Now Ive done back-to back-to back brews. I'll now have more of a variety and always some around.

JimmyBeam said:
I did my first batch, then waited a couple weeks before doing my second. I won't let that happen again. I was so involved in watching it ferment and what not (SWMBO thought I was the wierdest person on the planet for just watching my primary as much as I did)

Anyways, when the first batch was done, I couldn't get enough of it. And it went quick. But when I was out, I was completely out.Now Ive done back-to back-to back brews. I'll now have more of a variety and always some around.

I experienced the same "What planet are you from treatment" and also ran out of my first batches rather quickly (I took them to some family get-togethers).

My biggest problem now is that I need more carboys, bottles/kegs, and TIME!

This is why I brew 25 gallon batches. When a keg goes dry I pull out another. It isn't much more work to brew 25 gallons compared to 5 gallons.

ryser2k said:
The trick is to get your friends into homebrewing too, so you can go over and drink their beer :)

That sounds good in theory but can back fire. I got a friend into brewing all grain but instead of drinking my beer he borrows my equipment. I am more than happy to help out and go over on brew day. I usually take over the session but this last time I let him do all the work. This was one of the hardest thing to do. Not because I wanted to brew it but that I am rather anal and he is impulsive and a last minute type person. Case in point, he did not read the instructions for the all grain kit that he bought until it came to mash time. He misread the temps that were outlined and had the conversion temp at 170 degrees. I had to tell him to add some ice and bring it down into the 150's and then went back to talking with is wife. During the boil, he was talking on the phone and not watching the kettle. I'll just say, he lost a good percentage of his boil. All that was too much for me to watch.

Back