The One

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clann

Reaction score
How many of you have found that recipe that you will brew over and over?
I've been brewing for over two years and still havent found "The One"
I have a couple of recipes that I will brew again but not one that will be my beer.
Mabye I never will but I'll have a lot of fun looking!

I've got an all Citra hopped APA that I can't keep on tap. I buy all my Citra hops at one time when they become available so I can make it through out the year.

I find that I pretty much always have a keg of Rye IPA on tap. There are maybe about a half dozen others that I brew frequently.

Yes but I mean, for example Bush drinkers drink bush and miller light drinkers drink miller light.
I guess homebrewers drink homebrew:D:mug:

There are so many styles, I usually keep a red, IPA, pilsner, wit, Brown Ale, and light lager on tap. I am always fudging with the recipes, but I am happy with the styles. Maybe "the One" is a style, not an actual recipe?

There are so many styles, I usually keep a red, IPA, pilsner, wit, Brown Ale, and light lager on tap. I am always fudging with the recipes, but I am happy with the styles. Maybe "the One" is a style, not an actual recipe?

+1

I've always got a Saison on hand, but occasionally make changes such as a different yeast.

I've got a basic American IPA recipe I use, but change out the hops (Amarillo, Citra, Centennial, Cascade, Bravo, Chinook, etc).

I guess I'm the type that I never brew the exact recipe twice. With the amount I can afford to brew, I find myself brewing a new style almost every time.

I'm narrowminded when it comes to the styles I like. I seek and drink IPAs when I am anywhere and therefore brew the same at home. I guess finding the perfect one to keep on tap is what I've been doing. I keep getting closer and have found a base recipe that I start with and like. Changing the hop bill and the schedule of their addition is the experiment. When I can't stay away from the tap I give that an asterisk in the brew book.

I brewed several batches of a peated stout a couple of years ago that everyone loved. One of my favorites too! Don't know why I haven't brewed it for a while, but a friend brought over a couple of bottles of Stone Smoked Porter last week and it tasted remarkably like my peated stout. I just put together an order for the makings of a couple of batches.

My favorite styles are APA and IPA, but I haven't come up with an example of either that I would call a house brew.

Bob

I do the same 3 beers over and over again, one of them is on tap all the time. I'm thinking of up grading to a 45 gallon rig.

Orfy's OSP clone, my Coffey porter, and an agave pale.

After 20 years of brewing, there's only been one time that I brewed the same recipe twice. Just can't help but tweak things a little here & there!

I think I might be getting closer to The One, though.

Back