The Official Disappointment Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really all that pissed about it anymore, I was when I opened the letter and read how it was judged. The score isn't what pissed me off, it was how they arrived at that score. Now it's just disappointing, hence it belongs in the disappointing thread.

Got it. That's quite reasonable. I've certainly been through similar frustrations with people who "just don't get it." I've found in more than a few cases, though, that it was actually me who was missing something. I haven't been through enough competitions for this to have happened in the brewing context, but I'm sure I'd have a similar reaction to yours.

My disappointments usually come in the form of SWMBO changing the schedule. She encourages me to brew and likes what I make. BUT...If I plan a brew day 3 weeks in advance she says do it. As we get closer, she plans dinners with friends, play dates for the kids, in-laws coming, other kids birthday parties, home projects, pedicures for her man bashing friends, she has to work...

I work third shift and watch kids for 7 hours after I get off work. She works part time from home and has them for about 5 hours (while they are keeping me from sleeping). I want my brew day. At least let me clean something and pretend.

Ok...I'm done.

I am very disappointed in this thread, I read every post, the one and only redeeming post was AmandaK's fecal beer post. As I was reading it my ever active imagination was thinking of labels for that beer. Thanks AmandaK, priceless.

Back