The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,

You DO know you are my BFF, right?

Hell, you're my BIFFL!

Paul and Brian.

We're kind of like Forrest and Jenny. I'm the dimwit who drops my pants to show the President my arse, and you're the drug addled. psychological basket case who seeks personal fulfillment through meaningless sex with guys like that Dude Lebowski.

Wow! I always cry at the end of that movie. Don't die, Brian Don't leave me! I'll be wicked sad.
Why the F didn't you ask him to go over at midnight then?

yeager1977 said:
cape's new nick name is Lieutenant Dan.

YEAGER!!!

That's almost funny! Good for you!!! You were kind of on point and sort of topical! Ya, you were two beats behind bur we won't go there! Good for you!! There us hope for you yet!!

(would everyone mind just nodding your head and mumbling, so the kid gets some positive reinforcement. God knows he needs it.)

Damn the venzin, bacon and IPA together smell good! New recipe so if it sucks, wife made it, if it is awesome, I made it. I got a mix of extra lousy beers so all yours will taste that much better.

Just loaded the car, and I've had an epiphany.

That's a lot of ****ing gear for five gallons of beer. I need to step up to bigger batches.

So Yeager just showed up...

"C'mon, let's get going! "

"Uhhhhhh , Hi Chris, thanks for coming..."

"C'mon, let's go, let's go, let's go!"

"Is your car on fire?"

"No, my wife is... If help you get this farkin' pig on the fire quick and get home there is a chance I might get laid."

"You're serious?"

"Look, she is 'In the mood' two, no more than three times in a calendar year. Tonight is #1 for 2011. Move your ass, Tubby! Drag that pig over there , NOW!"

"Uhhhhhhh, sure Chris. Good luck with that."

"Don't mess with me, Fat Man. I think she means it..."

So the very moment we clean and jerk that porcine goodness up onto Bertha Yeager is back in his car and down the road. If it wasn't so farkin weird I'd wonder if it really happened

I'm loading mine in the morning. I just put my starter on the stir plate, crushed my grains, finished filling my tool box, and putting a few beers in the fridge.

I've loaded my car to many times to think about doing it again now and it take till midnight.

See y'all in the morning.

paulthenurse said:
So Yeager just showed up...

"C'mon, let's get going! "

"Uhhhhhh , Hi Chris, thanks for coming..."

"C'mon, let's go, let's go, let's go!"

"Is your car on fire?"

"No, my wife is... If help you get this farkin' pig on the fire quick and get home there is a chance I might get laid."

"You're serious?"

"Look, she is 'In the mood' two, no more than three times in a calendar year. Tonight is #1 for 2011. Move your ass, Tubby! Drag that pig over there , NOW!"

"Uhhhhhhh, sure Chris. Good luck with that."

"Don't mess with me, Fat Man. I think she means it..."

So the very moment we clean and jerk that porcine goodness up onto Bertha Yeager is back in his car and down the road. If it wasn't so farkin weird I'd wonder if it really happened

I really don't want to think of flounder getting laid.

PFTN Doesn't use salt come on! We all know how salt is unhealthy, and Paul is the prime fit example of a healthy human male!

No salt = just soaking the pig and it wont do anything. To brine it, you need a cup of salt per gallon of brine.

Huge difference between soaking and brining

297616_10150305143131169_73007556168_7967243_2093526381_n.jpg

Which way to the pig?

It looks like we will be able to do a webcast of the party this Saturday, so all of you get-a-lifers living in your mothers basement can live vicariously through us.

You too, Yoop. 'Take pictures of the food?' Good grief!

when does this start?

Paul thanks for hosting a great event! The BBQ was fantastic! Now I know what Cape tries to imitate. Your only as good as your last BBQ and Paul has it this year. If I had a trophy Pinch Flat would get it.

I just want to say thanks to Paul and the lovely Alice for another great Masstoberfest....Lots of great beer and tons of amazing food. What a day..

Congrats to "The Bird" for winning the first Masstoberfest cup.

Great time PTN! Even with the Bird present! ;) Thanks again, looking forward to next year when I brew with y'all!

Special shout out to the Solid Gold dancers and Pole Dancers!

I want to thank Paul "TN", his lovely wife Alice, and everyone who attended Masstoberfest 2011 for a wonderful day and making a first-timer feel so welcome. I had a great time meeting the "characters" that provide the entertaining repartee in the Masshole thread (turns out they're even more interesting - and mostly harmless - in person ;) ) not to mention imbibing some good brews and consuming mass quantities of very good food!

No event is complete without some drama. Paul's rig had a spider nest in a burner that made for a bit of backfired excitement. A little wrench work and he was back in business.
masstoberfest_2011_01.jpg

Four faucets running to start the afternoon. The Porter was exceptionally good!
masstoberfest_2011_02.jpg

Best as I recall there were four new brews happening.
masstoberfest_2011_04.jpg

Mister Piggie made his appearance. He was wonderful! Yum!
masstoberfest_2011_07.jpg

Our host.
masstoberfest_2011_08.jpg

The Bird wins The Cup!
masstoberfest_2011_09.jpg

Does this guy look like a pole dancer? No? Well...
masstoberfest_2011_10.jpg

Thanks again, folks! Hope everyone made it home safely!

Cheers!

Back