The Office (new season vs. beginning seasons)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
So I'm not sure how many of you watch "The Office" on NBC, but I've managed to get hooked and I've been an avid watcher ever since.

Altho, I'm not sure if these new seasons are directly related to the British version like seasons before or if this is "The Office" just running on it's own and not copying the British version...

I liked the whole Jim and Pam deal before.. they were so close to dating but not, the tension whether or not Jim would tell Pam he liked her, etc. ,etc.

Now in the new season them dating kinda is like a buzz-kill, anyone agree?

I hope The Office doesn't take a turn for the worst and end up crappy.

I love that show. I don't think that Pam and Jim dating has hurt the quality at all. Really, their relationship isn't all that much different. Since the show has so many quality characters, I don't see it getting stale anytime soon.

I don't watch the British version enough to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the American version is it's own thing these days.

To be fair, if they had kept that relationship hanging in the air for much longer, it would have just become like Lost or 24: tension for tension's sake. Ugh. I'm glad they finally just got it over with. The show doesn't hinge on that one facet, and I'm glad it's on the back burner now, so they can focus on funnier sh*t like, uh, anything having to do with Rainn Wilson.

i agree that it doesn't steal from the show anymore, but I kinda liked the whole up in the air thing.. altho I do think at one point it had to happen...

I'm hoping that it stays funny, Dwight is by far hilarious and one of the main reasons why I watch the show...

BraeHaus said:
i agree that it doesn't steal from the show anymore, but I kinda liked the whole up in the air thing.. altho I do think at one point it had to happen...

I'm hoping that it stays funny, Dwight is by far hilarious and one of the main reasons why I watch the show...

I love Andy too... and Creed!

I was hooked from the pilot when Dwight found his stapler frozen in a jello mold. Then there are the scenes that keep me coming back.. Dwight crashing his car, getting concussed and puking on his car. There's also the one where Jim added a nickle to Dwight's phone handset every day so he'd get used to the weight. Then when it was full, he removed them all and Dwight hit himself in the face with it because it suddenly got light. So many good scenes.

Bobby_M said:
I was hooked from the pilot when Dwight found his stapler frozen in a jello mold. Then there are the scenes that keep me coming back.. Dwight crashing his car, getting concussed and puking on his car. There's also the one where Jim added a nickle to Dwight's phone handset every day so he'd get used to the weight. Then when it was full, he removed them all and Dwight hit himself in the face with it because it suddenly got light. So many good scenes.

yeah, those writers are brilliant. Some other great ones...Jim trains Dwight to expect a breath mint every time he boots his computer...or when he threw his cellphone up into the ceiling. Beeeutiful.

Evan! said:
yeah, those writers are brilliant. Some other great ones...Jim trains Dwight to expect a breath mint every time he boots his computer...or when he threw his cellphone up into the ceiling. Beeeutiful.

How about when Jim moved to the other branch? He took some of Dwight's stationary and send him faxes from the future with warnings like "Don't drink the coffee."

My friend works at NBC and has been trying to get me into this show since before it aired. I just can't get into it though. I feel like they're trying too hard or putting on the humor...:confused:

i was a bit apprehensive because i loved the UK version, but apart from the pilot - which has a plot lifted from episode 1.01 of the Uk version, they've gone their own way with this, and of course now they've made like 4-5 times as many episodes as the UK version, it's hard to keep things going for that long.

i did feel the current season was a bit weak to start with but it came battling back a few episodes in. maybe they are over-doing michael's stupid schemes a bit, things are definitely getting tough for the writers.

BraeHaus said:
Now in the new season them dating kinda is like a buzz-kill, anyone agree?

I hope The Office doesn't take a turn for the worst and end up crappy.

i kind of like it.

they strung it along for a while, any more and i would have gotten bored with the whole sub plot. i just hope they dont do the whole "o, now lets break up. o, now lets get back together. o, now lets break up again." i find it very tedious when shows do that.

its still one of my favorite shows.

uwjester said:
How about when Jim moved to the other branch? He took some of Dwight's stationary and send him faxes from the future with warnings like "Don't drink the coffee."

when jim dresses and acts like Dwight.

hilarious!

BraeHaus said:
when jim dresses and acts like Dwight.

hilarious!

haha. the doppleganger episode.

Dwight's ritual thing he does before he goes to meet with a client is hilarious.

I just started watching within the past month or two, thanks to TBS...
I love the show.
I can't believe I didn't start watching until now.

The Dwight/Jim banter is awesome.

Back