The Masters...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tradition to serve fried chicken on Masters Sunday. Thanks Fuzzy

I'm hosting Easter on Sunday, I'm going to have a pissed off wife for sure. I'll be MIA, except when I surface for ham and beer.

I've watched about 12 hours of coverage so far, kept checking Tuesday for the pairings, watching coverage right now, have the VCR set to record for the week. Yeah, I'm hard core when it comes to the Masters.

I've watched about 12 hours of coverage so far, kept checking Tuesday for the pairings, watching coverage right now, have the VCR set to record for the week. Yeah, I'm hard core when it comes to the Masters.

You too, huh? DVR'ing the par 3 contest so I can watch it tonight.

So, who's gonna win?

I'm predicting Rory/Tiger in the final group. Tiger down by 2. Wins by 2. And I'm no Tiger fan...

I spent my morning trying to get the intro music off of themasters.com into a ring tone. I was successful :)

A Rory and Tiger final would be awesome. The Masters of the last three years has been extremely entertaining. With the way they cover golf and some of the new players; I don't think it's fair to say it's boring anymore.

Do you serve collard greens also? That would be tradition.

Nah, Can't stomach collard greens. Really, it's an excuse to get my MIL to cook fried chicken for Sunday dinner. :D

As for predictions, I'd like to see Tiger do well this year. I don't think he'll win it.

I'd like to see Bubba Watson or Lumpy (not gonna happen) win it.

My dark horse is KJ Choi. He seems to play well there.

IIRC, they're broadcasting the par 3 today.

You know what would be fun? Seeing Garcia having a back nine like Rory had last year on Sunday. That would make great TV. I think Rory will win with Tiger close behind. I'd like to see Bubba make a run at it but I don't think he can handle the pressure under those conditions. I'd like to see Scott and Day in the mix too.

You know what would be fun? Seeing Garcia having a back nine like Rory had last year on Sunday. That would make great TV. I think Rory will win with Tiger close behind. I'd like to see Bubba make a run at it but I don't think he can handle the pressure under those conditions. I'd like to see Scott and Day in the mix too.

I agree, I am no Garcia fan and I love to watch him fail. Although, he's has adjusted his attitude a bit, due to humility.

I saw Sergio interviewed on Feherty, you would probably think differently of him if you saw it.

I also think Lefty (pseudo) will be right there.

Anyone know of a good live feed? I'm new to having a decent Internet Connection, Just ditched my hughesnet and I don't have cable anymore so I don't know if there is any live feeds out there.

I love the Masters, absolutely the top tournament out there, IMO.

Augusta is pretty strict on what gets broadcasted but their website www.masters.org is great. They have a couple of different streaming feeds from top players or amen corner. I use their site every year. Then again I'm sure you could get an illegal stream from China of the television broadcast.

I did see the Feherty interview and it didn't change my mind about Sergio. I actually use to like that he wears his heart on his sleeve and what you see is what you get but it doesn't mean that he isn't a d*uche sometimes. My view changed after this incident. In the end he's just an athlete but one of the things I like about golf is tradition and the honor of the game. You can say all you want during a fluff interview but in the end your actions say who you are:

Last edited by a moderator:
This time of year, I love living so close to Augusta. I'll be walking the grounds of Augusta National on Friday before a Master's party at a friends' (with a keg of transported home brew) and a little redneck backyard par 3 golf thru the woods. Sunday is best in front of the TV as there is no way to follow all that action - you always hear the roar of the crowd and wonder what amazing shot you missed on another hole. (Did see Tiger's eagle on Sunday 2010, tho!). Wish I had real tickets and didn't have to blow a wad thru Stub Hub.

I've put my name into the lottery for years but have never gotten lucky. It would be a nice week off vaca tho if it ever happens. Then again I'd put money on something trumping it (work) and having to cancel.

So we get to watch Westwood collapse at another major??

Surprised to see Bubba Watson do so well. But he's fun to watch.

This was exciting. I wasn't sure if this was going to go anywhere this year. I completely missed on the weather, the hole placements were weird, it seemed almost like a miniature golf on a couple holes....I thought they might go lift, clean, place, there was Phil saying he could come back.... I'm ready for the finish. Go Phil....

Nice double eagle on 2 to start a round, too bad he couldn't manage to hit his caddie's hand.

So I guess under the pressure Bubba can handle it. You'd figure a player that relies so much on feel that the old arms would get a little short putting on those greens. Great to see him win.

So I guess under the pressure Bubba can handle it. You'd figure a player that relies so much on feel that the old arms would get a little short putting on those greens. Great to see him win.

I had the feeling that being a new Dad might have refocused him. That shot from the gallery/pinestraw on 10 was awesome. A well deserved win.

I`m happy for Bubba,But I still believe if Phil didn`t have that triple
he would have won.He had great momentum going into Sunday with
that 30 on the back nine Saturday.I was great to watch.Which major
is up next the U.S. Open or the British Open?

Back