The kitchen sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian_villager

Reaction score
So I am making something with leftover grains. I was hoping for input.

5.25 gal batch
To be fermented with Nottingham

6.25lbs 2Row
0.5lbs Carapils
0.5lbs Crystal 120
0.25lbs Crystal 60
0.5lbs Munich 10

Target OG is 1.04-1.042

Hop schedule:
0.5oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @60min
0.25oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @15min
0.25oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @Flameout

Calculated IBU of 35.63

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

Alex J

I'd make an English Mild maybe? Not familiar with those hops but I'd keep the schedule and
the IBU around 28. Drop the Carapils, 4 oz of C120, 6 oz C60 and find a few ounces of chocolate malt to
bring up the color. :drunk:

As mentioned this is with what I have on hand. I cant bump up the 60 because it is all I had on hand. I'm just curious to see what happens.

Anyone make anything resembling this?

Oh I forgot to mention that I also have 0.132lbs of oatmeal.

It looks something like a brown ale that I made, except much hoppier and with American hops. So a very hoppy and citrusy American brown or amber ale with a creamy texture? Might resemble Marble Red Ale. Looks great. Post how it turns out.

Yeah looks good. Mosaic is actually an aussie hop. Its strong. Kind of reminds me of fruity simcoe.

I would throw the oatmeal in there also. I think mashing higher like 154-156 would be a good idea, so it doesnt dry out to far.

Id drop c120 to 4oz max for a low gravity beer like this one. Unless you want burnt raisins to dominate the flavor

Hello all. So i tried something in the same vein again but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Revenge of the sink.

5.25 gal batch
Yeast: s-04
OG: 1.05
FG: 1.012
Primary: 2 weeks

8lbs 2Row
0.5lbs Caramalt
0.5lbs Crystal 20
0.25lbs Crystal 60
0.25lbs Munich 10

Hop schedule:
.564oz Magnum @60min
0.25oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @10min
0.25oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @5min
0.5oz Mosaic (12.7AA) @Flameout
1oz Mosaic (12.7AA) Dryhop

Any opinions on this recipe?

So this is something like an American Pale Ale, or are you looking for a citrusy ESB? If the first, then I might use something like US-05 or Wyeast 1332 (although Deep Ellum Brewing uses English ale yeast for its blonde ale, which is good).

Looks fine to me, a little like Biermuencher's Nierra Sevada. Post how it turns out.

I have it on tap now...I'm not sure how I feel about that much Mosaic? Its pretty funky and fruity, and I with it were more bitter. More bittering hop and maybe some simcoe to replace the 10 and 5 min additions.

Community Brewing (Dallas) has a Mosaic IPA that is out of sight. You might contact them to see how they get the citrusy quality of the Mosaic to come so much to the front.

Back