The Keg That Will Not Die!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderwagn

Reaction score
Ever have a keg that just refuses to empty? I committed myself to working on it solo last night, but nope. Thank goodness it's a very low abv stout, but I can't get the thing to blow lol. I just filled a growler in hopes of only getting halfway full and it calling my bluff, but that trickery didn't work either! It's a delicious beer, but still. It's time to move on and I need the room!:tank:

That's happened to me twice! I called them both the Hanukkah kegs. They never ran out, never, I swear.

The first was a really nice ESB, and the second was a Belgian tripel. They were good beers, really, but I guess I must have been the only one drinking them and they never stopped flowing.

Finally, I bottled the tripel out of the keg, and I don't remember what happened to the ESB. Usually I have the opposite problem and the beer disappears way too fast.

Every time that happens to me Im like wow this never ends! then a few pours later buh bye its gone

Every time I have something new I want to put in the kegerator it happens! I'm the only one drinking around here, and 5 gallons takes a while. So sometimes I'm pulling the handle and kind of hoping to get the blast of foam that indicates a new beer will be online soon. And then that old beer just keeps pouring, and pouring, and pouring...

Yeah, this happens to me a good bit. Seems like I only have 2 types of kegs 1) Gone inside a month 2) pushing a year.

Like Homercidal when we don't have people over/parties/events I'm the only one drinking (wife isn't a big drinker to begin with and now pregnant so not drinking, and had a 5 month home reno where people weren't coming over). Its actually caused changes to my brewing. Have started brewing things that age well (Yooper's Oatmeal stout has been on tap since August and while I'm probably pushing it, its aged wonderfully), starting next brew I'm going to try lagers so they can sit around cold, and really forced me to focus on reducing my o2 exposure.

Back