The irony does not escape me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadicalEd

Reaction score
So I was in my LHMS recently, and apparently they had just gotten a big shipment in. You can see the beginnings of my shopping list in front there. Anything seem a little outta place to you?

ironyfm9.jpg

My LHBS is similar. Home-brew store might be pushing it. The local one here is more like liquor store with grain, yeast and hops available. I usually just order from Northern Brewer since I am in MN anyways

The Drizzle said:
what else would i use to water the plants?

Ah HA! Here in Georgia we are under heavy water restrictions (yeah, I did run my IC for a while today, shhh), could use Busch light to keep my grass from dying? Could I wash my car with it? This could be the solution to our drought!

Hahaha, I suppose I can't complain too much, though; they have prices competitive with online for most ingredients, and the guy who stocks the HB supplies is really friendly and helpful. And they really do have a pretty good selection of grain (base and specialty), yeast, and hops. About the only thing I've ever wanted they didn't have was peated malt....but that's kinda a niche market.

And it is a college town...I'm just surprised that there wasn't more Natty laying around.

...In an effort ot revive flagging sales, Budwieser tries their new "Make 'em dig for it" sales tactic, hoping to get more of the homebrew dollar...

...sales fo the new "Super instant beer making kit" by Bud are not exactly setting any records...

homebrewer_99 said:
Isn't Bud a back-up kit in case you forget to take the OG?

Boil 10 cases of Bud (to reduce the water) and you'll end up with 5 gals of decent HB. :D

Actually, I wonder what that'd be like? What if BMC just added less water to their brews? Think they might actually have some decent flavor?

Couldn't we just save everyone a lot of time and make a "BMC Bash" sticky? I think we get it. BMC = water and/or piss. Ha. Ha.

Not that I'm in the bidness of defending BMC, but it's just become such old hat here to diss American Light Lager. Well, you know, just like I wouldn't want a PBR while sitting in front of a nice wintertime fire, I also wouldn't want an imperial stout while floating down the James River in a tube in the middle of August. No, it's not my favorite style, but I just think that the out-of-hand dismissal of it as piss/water smacks of elitism. I used to be guilty of it too, but quite honestly, I eventually found it to be in poor taste. Now I just pretty much skip over the "let's see how many jokes we can make about A.L.L. being like water or piss" threads.

In this case, I'd be willing to bet that the HBS owner sells BMC to help his bottom line...in that case, BMC helps keep your local homebrew supply shop in business. So perhaps it's not as ironic as you think. Oh, and lastly, with regards to the "irony" of the photograph, I'd like to see any of us try to clone one of these American Light Lagers. There's a reason it's on BYO's list of the hardest styles to brew.

Hooooold on there Evan, this was posted with no intention other than to give a light-hearted laugh at the obvious ironic situation. My LHBS has a few great guys on staff and are really helpful, the guy in charge of the HBS side was standing to the left of the picture taken and was laughing along when I pointed out the potential humor of the situation. Like in my earlier post, I didn't bash them for carrying BMC, they need to cater to their clientèle. And as previously mentioned, this is a college town.

Course, it's possible that you weren't directing those words against me (and the posting of the pic), and if so sorry for making a doofus of myself.

No, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just towards the rather exhausted trend of posting something about BMC, then having twenty or thirty-something odd posts where various people make clever (or not so much) cracks about BMC being piss or water.

No offense meant towards anyone in particular. It's just become a tired cliche around here to hate on American Light Lager.

Beerrific said:
Busch light...I didn't know anyone drank that stuff.

I grew up in a tiny Iowa town - population 250 or so. I can assure you the fine patrons of the local establishments in my town and the surrounding towns put away hundreds of thousands of cans of Busch Light each year. It's even kept on tap in the "nicer" (?) bars.

Even when I'm back home, I have a bad habit of reflexively ordering a Busch Light.

(But only if they don't have Old Style on hand)

I think this should probably go in the Midnight confessions thread....

who can't resist picking up a dirty thirty of Natty Ice's from time to time?
especially when they have a $5 rebate afixed to the side?

Stopactinglikeabunchofbeersnobs. You do know that we are the great minority when it comes to knowing our beers. Just go down to any local watering hole on Friday night and see what the majority of the patrons are drinking. They must know something...........(AP tries to sneak away)
AP

Back