The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
I posted these and more on the HBF sister site. I was saying it's a tough call as to whether I should put the sauce on before or after the pizza goes in the oven.
Very happy with how the crust came out.
A cheat I thought of yesterday was to put the burner on medium while I was dressing the pizza to give it a jump start, brown in conjunction with the top. Worked out well.
Running the cheeses through the grinder makes the cheese more flavorful than with simply grating it in my opinion.
winner 13.jpg
winner 14.jpg
winner 15.jpg

Staestc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Running the cheeses through the grinder makes the cheese more flavorful than with simply grating it in my opinion.
I've seen a lot of discussion on the pizza forum on cubing cheese and that it improves the melt and ultimate flavor but I have not tried it. Grinding it through a large plate makes a lot of sense and I will give that a try. Good idea!

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
crust two (1).jpg
uncooked ham art and mush.jpg

Canadian bacon, artichoke and mushroom.
1636475167847.jpeg

1636475202051.jpeg

Weird Margherita because it has pizza sauce.

I mentioned somewhere that I changed the ratio from 3:2 to 4:1 (brick: Monterey Jack).
I was using Lipari brick and then I switched to Old Thyme brick, due to availability, and I think they're significantly different. Also, the Jack cheeses are different because of availability too.
If I were trying to sell pizza, I would start keeping track.

Staestc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 748415View attachment 748414
Canadian bacon, artichoke and mushroom.
View attachment 748416
View attachment 748417
Weird Margherita because it has pizza sauce.

I mentioned somewhere that I changed the ratio from 3:2 to 4:1 (brick: Monterey Jack).
I was using Lipari brick and then I switched to Old Thyme brick, due to availability, and I think they're significantly different. Also, the Jack cheeses are different because of availability too.
If I were trying to sell pizza, I would start keeping track.
Those look awesome! I have a hard time finding any brick down here in North Texas. I found some at Whole Foods last year but don't remember the brand. It was very pricey there, but was tasty.