The HOAX that is Global Warming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nevercominhome

Reaction score
In response to

Originally Posted by RICLARK
I dont believe in the whole global warming thing.

WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS! How can you possibly deny the reality of global warming! Please give a follow up post telling me your kidding!
How can you so readily accept the premise of global warming? How long have you been here? And who are you (or we for that matter) to determine the optimum temperature of the planet? Seriously, open your mind and realize that you are being brainwashed by liberal idiots...

Not getting involved in this one, but I will dawn a helmet, pull up a chair and order a pint of the finest...

okay...so what is this whole "earth is getting warmer thing...?...do tell..."

BierMuncher said:
Not getting involved in this one, but I will dawn a helmet, pull up a chair and order a pint of the finest...

okay...so what is this whole "earth is getting warmer thing...?...do tell..."

There are actual studies that say that the earth is in fact getting cooler...and I'm sure the environmentalist's will say that "they're" work to reduce all this crap has had some effect. I can only hope that my brewing increases the myth of "global warming"! :drunk:

nevercominhome said:
How can you so readily accept the premise of global warming? How long have you been here? And who are you (or we for that matter) to determine the optimum temperature of the planet? Seriously, open your mind and realize that you are being brainwashed by liberal idiots...

First off, I commend you on your trolling attempt. Starting a thread by calling the other side "idiots"- way to go. That's really a great way to start an intelligent discussion. Since you are apparently trolling, and since you aren't looking for a rational discussion, as you've proven by starting out calling people names, I guess the remainder of this post will not interest you. However...

First of all, your post contains a fallacy, known as a straw man. It is where you take another side's position, make something up about what they believe and then defeat this made up argument.

You suggested that a believer in global warming believes they know what the "optimal temperature" is for the earth. Of course, this is ridiculous. Just like your post. I believe in global warming. I also believe in airplanes. Believing in airplanes does not mean that I believe they are held up in the air by faeries. Similarly, believing in global warming does not mean I have the answer, or for that matter, even believe that it is caused by man.

Another thing, It's one thing to believe in global warming. It's another thing to believe that you have the answer to it. The globe is warmer right now than it was during the ice age. It has been an ongoing trend toward warmth. That is PROOF of global warming. It has nothing to do with the causes or the effects. It is merely an observation, and from all I've read, it is an accurate one. I'm not saying it is caused by humans. But I have no doubt in my mind that the world is warmer right now than it was at some time in the past. That is global warming. And I really don't see how that is contestable in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back