The Health Benefits of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting how good live yeast is for you. I didn't know that one.

I like my Porters so I'm happy to see the health benefits with the darks.

There are some great health benefits associated with beer as long as you maintain an active healthy lifestyle. If not it's still great for "bulking up", but all of the added weight seems to settle just above my waist.

McKBrew said:
There are some great health benefits associated with beer as long as you maintain an active healthy lifestyle. If not it's still great for "bulking up", but all of the added weight seems to settle just above my waist.

Actually, I don't know which article on here recently stated that the calories in beer don't count as much as calories from normal food. So say you consume 2000 calories a day and 2 beers, which is about 400 calories against 2400 calories without beer a day, and that at 2400 you gain weight, with the beer you would gain less weight than with a richer diet which would have the same amount of calories (replacing the beer calories with something like a snack or extra food at a meal).

Back