The HBT drinking game!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slym2none

"Lazy extract brewer."
Reaction score
Like we all aren't experienced enough drinkers around here - if you want to re-live some college feelings, start by making a drinking game to play while reading the forums!

*NOTE* - I nor anyone else giving suggestions in this thread can be held responsible for any acts committed under inebriation from playing this game.

Please, share your "rule" as a suggestion below. I might make up a list after enough have been given, or I might just let the thread ride as-is...

I'll start - drink once every time you read the term "ramp up" or "ramp it up".

Every time you see "SWMBO", take a drink.

Hey, I am trying to keep it light. I don't want people blitzed after an hour!

:p

For every like you give, take a drink. For every like you get take two drinks.

The former might make people either not give likes at all, or give LOTS of them! I like the latter, if you take it down to one drink per like.

if you get quoted, take a drink

if you get caught in a heated debate on a thread and you and the other person end up jacking said thread, finish your beer... and go to bed.

Gorgeous!

:ban:

That's one drink for me.

Every time you take a drink, take a drink.

Er, that's not even a game, dude. You don't even have to be here for that.

;)

Every time someone posts up that Brett trois isn't brett, drink.

When you see a newb question (like how to harvest yeast) posted in a section where the sticky threads answer the question and someone posts to do a search, finish your drink.

Every time a thread gets derailed, take a drink

Every time you see a :goat: take a drink

Depending on the subforum, that could be a very dangerous rule... :ban:

derailed, or off topic? Plenty of threads go off topic for a few posts or a page. I feel derailed means the thread changed directions 100% and the main focus is now something different (i.e. diacetyl rest to discussing yeast differences).

derailed, or off topic? Plenty of threads go off topic for a few posts or a page. I feel derailed means the thread changed directions 100% and the main focus is now something different (i.e. diacetyl rest to discussing yeast differences).

Ok, fair enough, revision:

Thread goes off topic = drink

Thread totally derailed = finish your drink

SWMBO :goat:

every time someone posts "critique my recipe" and you have to physically restrain yourself from responding "it will make beer"

... take a drink

every time a certain "writer" posts an incoherent ramble, misspells, uses fractured grammar, ends a declarative with a question mark or closes his post with an ellipsis, with or without a smiley

... take a drink, for each one

Whenever someone asks for advice about some horrible idea, then proceeds to ignore the sound advice and proceed with the horrible idea, take a drink.

If they report back admitting it was a horrible idea, drink again.

every time a certain "writer" posts an incoherent ramble, misspells, uses fractured grammar, ends a declarative with a question mark or closes his post with an ellipsis, with or without a smiley

... take a drink, for each one

Ever time. a narcisitic grammer nahtsie jump's on there hi horse...
...we take a drank...?
I just slugge'd 12 oz's of Jai Alai...

I only have one person on my ignore list.

It's just another rule, they all add up. Really, if you take all the suggestions so far & used them as rules, most people would be blind-drunk before 90 minutes had passed.

:mug:

:drunk:

:tank:

I only have one person on my ignore list.

It's just another rule, they all add up. Really, if you take all the suggestions so far & used them as rules, most people would be blind-drunk before 90 minutes had passed.

:mug:

:drunk:

:tank:

Are you ever curious as to who other people have on their ignore list. I mean I know I'm probably on a few, that I'm not curious about. But more like who other people find annoying besides myself, that's a real mystery.

Latest posts

Back