The HBT 2018 Fishing Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
This past weekend, we FINALLY made it out to the mountains to do some fishing. It was a good day; the boy caught 6 trout, including a brookie and some rainbows. I caught 8, including a rainbow/cutthroat hybrid, which sometimes happens in the local streams.

Here's where we were - my favourite spot in the world:

nB337wq.jpg

Here is the hybrid referred to above:

bGmTLrP.jpg

He was released after the photo was taken.

We had quite a bad fire out there last fall; if you look carefully, you can see the black areas where the fire burned quickly through the grass:

tv5JAAg.jpg

The speed of the fire spared most of the trees, but as you can see by the pine tree in the center, some were damaged, as well.

The new grass coming up was amazingly beautiful.

No pictures but I had a blast flyfishing for bonefish on Eleuthera in the Bahamas a few weeks ago.
Best outings I've had in a few trips, weather was perfect for it and there were plenty of schools to stalk.

Back home my sons are lobbying for a flyfishing trip up around our place in NH once the weather comes up to snuff in a couple of weeks...

Cheers!

Sounds like a good time, DT - are they mostly rainbows over there, or do you get the chance to see some other trout species such as brook and brown?

Cow Hampster is blessed with many fishable fresh water species: landlocked salmon, brookies, State planted rainbows, bucket-biology small mouth bass (a major consternation up in the North Country) and occasionally northern pike on the cold side; and large mouth bass, pickerel, sunnies and crappies on the warm side.

You pick your water and you gear up accordingly :)

Cheers!

Back