The Hangover Movie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
I went to see this on a sneek peak night yesterday. It is freakin hilarious! I'm pretty hard on movies, but this one made me laugh out loud repeatedly. It is definitely not for the kids, though :eek:

I highly recommend you check it out when it is released next week. The end scene is epic!

On a similar note, afterwords me and my beer drinking buddy hit the brewpub... and now I am hungoever:D

I generally don't like this genre, but I got to see a long preview of it the other night and it just looked hilarious. I might have to hogtie El Hubbo and make him go see it with me.

I thought the premise was stupid, and SMWBO usually doesn't like formulaic movies like romantic comedies and such. But, the preview looks hilariously stupid and we may see it.

was planning a matinee screening for this.

yes. I am cheap.
I NEVER pay full price for a movie. ANY movie.

cheap = more brewing.

justified.
:p

was planning a matinee screening for this.

yes. I am cheap.
I NEVER pay full price for a movie. ANY movie.

cheap = more brewing.

justified.
:p

I hear you there on so many levels. I just wait till HBO and if I like it enough now, I buy it. Or I get it right when it comes out and is at $15, cause for me and SWMBO to go to a movie cost that plus a hotdog, nachos, coke, 40oz that we snuck in and then another couple of things.

50" at home makes all things better in so many ways

I am definitely looking forward to seeing it, especially having just been to Vegas for a bachelor party :p

I hear you there on so many levels. I just wait till HBO and if I like it enough now, I buy it. Or I get it right when it comes out and is at $15, cause for me and SWMBO to go to a movie cost that plus a hotdog, nachos, coke, 40oz that we snuck in and then another couple of things.

50" at home makes all things better in so many ways

Sounds like your wife needs a *bigger* purse!
We swing buy the CVS across the street, Grab a bottle of whatever to drink each, and a box or two of snacks each. Only thing movie theater gets is ticket money.

Seeing this tomorrow if a babysitter is found.

Mike Tyson's cameo in the previews looked pretty funny as well. Gotta agree on being cheap when it comes to cinema, however I may actually pay more than a $1 redbox fee to see this movie.

I thought this was a pretty funny movie. I'd rent it and watch it again. One of the funniest parts was the credits!

The Credits were epic, I'm amazed they got away with some of the stuff they did.

I thought it was hilarious, the "wolf pack" speech before they go out was hilarious

Your all part of my "wolf Pack" I'm no longer a wolf pack of one thanks to all of you :D

it'll be free on internet within a couple of days. ill post a link when a good quality version makes it.

although its not the same as seeing it in the theator

The Credits were epic, I'm amazed they got away with some of the stuff they did.

No CraP!!!

Your all part of my "wolf Pack" I'm no longer a wolf pack of one thanks to all of you :D

Yes he was definitely my favorite character. "Hey, hows my hair? Does it look like Phil's?" Classic Phil hair!

Saw it last night. Definitely funny. What was also good about it is that it was funny throughout. All funny movies start out funny, but then they plateau during the middle and then are just stupid in the end. This movie was pretty much funny the whole way through.

Saw it last night. Definitely funny. What was also good about it is that it was funny throughout. All funny movies start out funny, but then they plateau during the middle and then are just stupid in the end. This movie was pretty much funny the whole way through.

Yep, and not TOO much of the buddy film crap like in the Apatow flicks. don't get me wrong I like a lot of his movies but they tend to get a little too sappy towards the end.

I don't remember the last time I saw a movie THAT funny in the theater. and like ceebuya and cubbies said, it was funny to the very end. It didn't get overly sappy and 'I love you bro'ish.

did you hear that? that baby's name is Tyler . . .
I thought he looked more like a Carlos too.

I find Zach Galifianakis hilarious. His performance in Dog Bites Man with "Up in them Guts."

Last edited:
I thought the premise was stupid, and SMWBO usually doesn't like formulaic movies like romantic comedies and such. But, the preview looks hilariously stupid and we may see it.

This movie is actually far from formulaic. I laughed my azz off when I saw it friday night. It is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. It wasn't cheeseball like many of today's comedies.

I just saw it this weekend. Wow, one of the funniest movies in a long time. I'd definately pay full price to see it again. I agree, its far from formulaic. I think the best part is that you know as much as the characters know. As the movie goes on, you find out more and more about their insane night. I woudn't consider it a romantic comedy either.

Hey guys, when is the next Haley's Comet?

I need to find out. My buddy said he saw one and it was pretty mind blowing. I don't want to miss the next one. It's not tonight is it? Do you know for sure?

Back