The Growler Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend/employee who has a girlfriend in Colorado, he visits her at least once a month. They visit brewpubs together, and he brings me new and different beer from all over Colorado, always very much appreciated. I've told him I really only want sixers, 750's or occasional bombers if it's special, but I'd really rather have no beer than have growlers. Sometimes he'll bring me as many as 3 growlers. I'm an old man, I have a hard time these days drinking a whole growler at one sitting, right now I'm plowing through a growler of 8.4% Double Pilsner that will end my evening way too early. Just a short selfish rant, y'all carry on.

Yea, if someone brought me several growlers of fresh Colorado beer once a month, I'd be pissed. *******.
One growler a month is ok, not complaining, but I'd rather have 12 oz bottles that I can enjoy a little at a time.
I'm trying to change my beer swilling alcoholic ways as I turn 60, small doses are much better than mass consumption.

One growler a month is ok, not complaining, but I'd rather have 12 oz bottles that I can enjoy a little at a time.
I'm trying to change my beer swilling alcoholic was as I turn 60, small doses are much better than mass consumption.

I get it, man. I was just ribbing you. Feel free to ship me any unwanted growlers.

How I read this was "I very much enjoy the fact that I get growlers of good beer but I really would like some help drinking them. " I am relocating to California next week and I would be glad to come help you drink them :).

In all seriousness, that is a lot of beer to drink in a sitting multiple nights in a row. Don't get me wrong I enjoy drinking but not that much all the time.

I'm trying to change my beer swilling alcoholic ways as I turn 60, small doses are much better than mass consumption.

As you turn 60! ... you pup. :fro: ... now is the time to enjoy the gratis in
life. or he can send those growlers to the right coast ... :D

Back