The great stainless single tier begins!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is gorgeous. I'm writhing in jealousy here. I wish I had a brew stand period, let alone one that amazingly gorgeous.

Updates? In greatness withdrawals over here!
My brother, Doctorsbro, has taken a bit of a hiatus from working on the stand, mainly due to me not providing the funds necessary to make it happen:(. I plan to continue work on this incrementally over the next several months. Keep an eye out for more updates as my budget, and brother's free time for working on the stand, allow.

Money? That stuff don't grow on trees? LOL

Then again... I see in your sig that Keg 3 is empty... Hmmm... Doctorsbro might be waiting for some more "Inspiration"...

Look forward to seeing more of this work of Art... and wanting one myself!

Get this thing finished so you can bring it to the teach a friend to brew day at Beer Crazy on 11/5!! If you do, I promise to wear a bib so as to not drool all over it. :rockin: I would agree that this is the nicest stand I have seen here as well. I am excited to see the end product.

No updates as of yet. I assure you that the stand will get completed, but probably not until early next year. :( I recently purchased a Chugger pump with a stainless steel pump head. I've been using it with my existing brewing equipment, and am quite happy with it. I plan to buy a second Chugger pump so I can use both pumps simultaneously for fly sparging. I also need to get the banjo burners and gas plumbing, and acquire the kegs to convert into brewing vessels.

BTW, thanks for the compliments on the stand. I hope the finished product won't disappoint!

Been working on the stand lately and I just came across this....
Single Tier |

Scroll down and you see the "elite front panel" option, is has a striking resemblance of being a copy of my stand....
What do you think?

Updates are coming this friday

Also we have switched it up and going all electric, polished stainless nema enclosure control panel, all hard lines using all 316 stainless tubing, tri clamps, full port 3 piece ball valves and also using custom polished brass knobs on the ball valves and also other polished brass components to add to the bling bling factor of the polished stainless

Been working on the stand lately and I just came across this....
Single Tier |

Scroll down and you see the "elite front panel" option, is has a striking resemblance of being a copy of my stand....
What do you think?

Uh oh ... Better hurry up on that brewstand ... Before you know it, everyone is going to have a front panel like that ... :D

I like the front panel but It is close to the heat and right in the spill zone. Going all electric will solve the possible heat issues but I would still be concerned about spills or boil overs ? Have you considered a splash shield above the panel? Just a thought. Nice build and very unique!!

That from panel isn't the control panel, its just an area where I will be putting polished brass letters for my brothers made up brew company name

Wow man, extremely high quality work, I am very impressed! I have seen some nice stands around here but this is just in a different league.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

doctorsbro said:
That from panel isn't the control panel, its just an area where I will be putting polished brass letters for my brothers made up brew company name

Nice!

working on something else along with the brewstand, it is stainless but it makes a different kind of beverage hehe... Will have some updated pictures of the rig tomorrow

still.jpg

Also hers a autodesk inventor cad drawing of the control box im building, started with 14ga stainless sheet and built the entire box from scratch, will have pics of it up tomorrow

BOX12.jpg

i actually built 2 of these since my brother wanted to add another switch etc so i just made another whole enclosure so i have 1 to get rid of

working on something else along with the brewstand, it is stainless but it makes a different kind of beverage hehe... Will have some updated pictures of the rig tomorrow

still.jpg

Very nice! I just recently purchased a small (2" copper) pot still....I can attach it to a sanke w a triclover clamp....havnt used it yet, but I just now got the proper gaskets for it...

stop talking about distilling or this thread will get locked or deleted. and we don't want that to happen.

also, don't ask "why" before reading the forum rules.

so, the 1.5" 11ga works well? I'm pricing 2" and it's getting up there....

I still have yet to make it to Doctorsbro's house to see the build progress. Nonetheless, I think you will find that the 1.5" 11 gauge SS square tubing is more than adequate for brew stand construction. From what my brother tells me, the brewstand could easily support the weight of both he and my stepdad (500+ pounds) with very little flex in the stand. Perhaps Doctorsbro can weigh in on this discussion.

I don't have any real progress to report on this build. But, I did manage to score some parts on eBay:

image-2705927109.jpg

image-720644678.jpg

Industrial 3 piece stainless ball valves- 1/2" tri clamp ferrules will be welded to each end of the valves so that these can be removed from the hard plumbing for cleaning or repairs.

I also scored a lot of 50 1/2" Tri-clover clamps. They don't all match, but I saved a ton of money by purchasing these used clamps on eBay instead of buying brand new ones.

image-616611669.jpg

It has been far too long since I posted any updates to this thread. Life has gotten in the way of completing this build. I am now in the process of gathering parts to complete this build. I am going all electric with tri-clover connections throughout. I had originally considered hard plumbing the whole system, but am now leaning toward silicone tubing instead.

Here are some pics of the growing stockpile of components for the brewery:

image-812031390.jpg

image-2992116976.jpg

image-2139384984.jpg

I also have a false bottom from Bobby_M, lids for the keggles, and an assortment of additional tri-clamp fittings on the way. This rig will get finished slowly but surely.

Sucks how life gets in the way,,, I originally planned to finish my build in a month, endd up taking like 8, lol

Back