the great keg leak on Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megalomani

Reaction score
So after visiting 2 family events I was glad to have some down time at home. I decided to hook up my keg of Belgian quad that had been in the cooling/carbing for the past week. After poping the quick connect on the post I went to check on the dog. My wife had a head ache so went to the bedroom for a nap. 20 minutes latter I went back upstairs to pull a pint a settle in for a relaxing evening. When I got upstairs I saw a pudle of liquid on the hard wood. I was about to yell at the dog for leaving a mess when it dawned on me this was beer! I followed the river back to the keggerator in the next room. Luckily I was able to clean it all up before my wife found out! Just sucks that I probably lost over a gallon of beer. Also a little worried about beer still left under the flooring.

I am sorry for your loss. If it makes you feel any better it could of been way worse and you could of had all 5 gallons all over the floor. I dont know how much beer would of gone under the floor as it didnt sit for a long time.

Chromados

Thanks for your condolences.

I do feel fortunate that the entire keg didn't empty (and swmbo didn't find out). all in all it was a very good Christmas. the beer room needed cleaning any way.

Back