The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if his little vacation was a factor. Jones also said he likes having him in the room....what if continuously in the room and infected. Hoyer also seemed to have changed his mind on the vax.

We need to get Jones "on the program" and some vitamins.

Last edited:
So, we're gettin' ready for Ida here...

1630532024745.png

;)

Once the power came back we rode through Ida with no issues. Aside from the original roof(!) we've never had weather ingress here. The grading around the house leads any up-slope runoff around it so it all ends up in our pond well below - which is still overflowing out to the street drain...

[edit] Looking at this site Rainfall totals for the last 24 hours to 3 days - high resolution map – iWeatherNet we had 4.07 inches.
I doubt I could tell 3 from 8 but I know we had a crap ton of rain!

Last edited:
My oldest lives in Berkeley Heights NJ, due west from Manhattan just a ways, and they got 8 inches.
They live high up on a mountain so they did alright, but there was a lot of flooding down below them, lots of impassible roads, etc.

You still with us, @Hoppy2bmerry ? I saw some troubling NYC area news. Apparently they were quite...moist.
Thank you for checking in. I’m okay, not much flooding and no tornadoes, thankfully. Never lost power, likely because something major was replaced a few years ago. NYC and parts Nassau county got a f ton of water. Some of the ”waterfalls” in the subway and other train stations were due to clogged storm drains. Before. The storm hit I wasn’t concerned heard 2-4 inches of rain for my area and 10-15 mph winds… nothing to worry about, well they were wrong.
51FFFA0C-9688-4A71-BD50-CF73754F8D86.jpeg

Once the power came back we rode through Ida with no issues. Aside from the original roof(!) we've never had weather ingress here. The grading around the house leads any up-slope runoff around it so it all ends up in our pond well below - which is still overflowing out to the street drain...

[edit] Looking at this site Rainfall totals for the last 24 hours to 3 days - high resolution map – iWeatherNet we had 4.07 inches.
I doubt I could tell 3 from 8 but I know we had a crap ton of rain!
Nice resource, thanks!

My pleasure - just stumbled into it last night :)
Seeing the casualty reports in the Philly --> mid-NJ --> NYC line, and grateful son #1 and fam live in the "Heights" above the chaos.
Watching live video of folks currently kayaking around downtown Philly a day later. Crazy...

Fried egg knight and I accidentally selected page one of this thread. Things were a bit more interesting then, eh?

Hi kids,

I think we need to put Masstoberfest on pause again. I'm personally not an alarmist and am not particularly worried about getting COVID version X, Y or Z, but I don't want to be responsible for any of you guys getting it. Let's hope next year works out better
Sorry

Were you there to apply for the head brewer position? :D

https://nashobawinery.com/hb/
Also, the full length of that "Kiddies" rant is impressive....

Hey! I deliberately left their name out!

The nextdoor rants were even better. It's been a while since I've been there but after this? I'm going to become a daily customer. I think they should have stopped the post halfway thru and just say we've put up a new sign "No dogs! No Children!" This is going to get ugly There was a war when the local ice scream stand put up no dogs sign after several bites. It's not like anyone would follow their rules anyways. It's not like we need to be self aware. I will say they use to serve an incredible brunch. Please. Just leave the kids in the car.

lmao! I know you scrupulously obscured their name, but I did not give a bleep, it was too funny not to dig in :D
We live like 10 minutes away so have the luxury of avoiding "Prime Time Crazy" there. The Spousal Unit and one of her girlfriends were over there a few days ago and enjoyed a nice day in their "back yard"...

Cheers!

Just ribbin ya'! Haven't seen something like that posted online in like ten years. One of those, why did I hit send? There must have been a final incident to kick that off. Start digging the town gossip!

Im in that neighborhood and drove by and it did look like family fun time hell. It was packed. They should have just required everyone who visits must buy a meal item. A little expensive over there. Weed out the herd.

Well...I do have to say given the gorgeous weather of the last few days (lovin' it!) it wouldn't surprise me if many "family-friendly" venues in my area were dealing with the same craziness. Living here in Stow surrounded by multiple large orchards we typically hide at home on these fall weekends just to avoid the traffic that can lock up roads like Rt 62 or 117. A weekend with spectacular weather like this last one triggers chaos here, but I'm ok with it as long as I don't get swept into it :D

Cheers!

Back