The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whomever is brewing for/at Kalon needs to work on consistency. I picked up packs on occasion when my old keezer croaked and the quality was all over the map...

Cheers!

Dunkie’s stopped brewing Dark Roast. Chara left. Tom left. Tom left and is shoving it up our ^$$. Alex Cora returned and immediately ordered the removal of all metal trash cans. And hired a girl. The Witches Brew has yet to reopen. (Ameliorated by Steve’s Front Porch Brewhaus.) Mass has a 9% positive rate that is only going to go up.
On the up side I’ve lost 25 pounds and get to spend Thursday’s with Spawn 1’s Spawn 1.

Can 2021 hurry up?

Happy New Year, boys and girls.

Attachments

• 10824F04-A6BF-43C1-BA76-B010AFEC599B.jpeg
    10824F04-A6BF-43C1-BA76-B010AFEC599B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
New Year's best wishes to all. May your mash never cool, your sparge never stick, your over never boil, and may the yeasties find their strength in all your worts before the devilish nasties know what hit 'em, and may the road to good health, good friends and good fortune always lead to your door, turning slightly at the end so nobody drives through your living room in the middle of the night.

Made it to 2021! :ban:

This year is gonna start off hella rocky but hopefully will get its **** together by June. Meanwhile, be smart and stay safe...

Cheers!

20210101_003953.jpg

Happy new year kids. I stayed up all the way until 9:30 last night, past bed time.

Just mashed in 1st brew of year, some kind of lager: 10+ gallons. Mash in around 150F

10# Pils
5# pale
4# rye malt
1# flaked corn

Probable hops:

1.5 oz N brewer 1st wort
1.5 Willamette 30 min
.5 Cascade (leaf) post whirlpool at around 160F

Anyone out there? Any of you brewing? I guess someone should congrat OP for loosing weight, even if from running ragged: Congrats PTN. Balrog should use his mind to figure how to brew w bum shoulder (maybe rig/buy some labor saving devices, should be doable for a smart fellow like you). Hi Dude, 'tripper & everyone else.

Never did put much cred in the whole new year thing. Amateur night on a friggin calendar devised by them Romans and then tweaked by the "church". The critters & even some of us who live outdoors (& maybe outside) not so much governed by this stuff.

Probably make a CAP or Vienna tomorrow, might as well over fill pipe line when I can & not sky not precipitating, brewing outdoors and all. Unless this headache does not go away.

Just ordered a commercial CO (carbon monoxide) meter and some gaskets for my wood stove, which I am heating with exclusively. The alarm did not go off but I don't trust that cheap POS. Had a headache for days, probably should get tested for that other thing, but my temp is normal to low, taste, smell, breathing OK.

There that should get this thread going. ha.

edit, guess I should say high to hoppy2b too, as she is on this page, Hi. My gal has to go to pachoge all the time to look after the MIL. She always said LI used to be really nice when... but that would apply to most places, including here.

edit, shout out to Mr McStagger too, darn it....

Last edited:
At this point I look at New Years like birthdays. They happen. NBD.

Been busy working on our house up north the last couple of months while trying to sneak brew days in. One or two more projects to do up there then it's pretty much set for awhile.

Meanwhile I'm running low on base malt and ready to do my yearly buy. If anyone is looking for a bargain give Niles @whosradl a PM. He can get bags from BSG in Warwick hella cheaper than anywhere else you'll buy grain (unless you're hooked up with a brewery, in which case spill the beans! :D) Hoping he can drum up enough orders to make a trip in a couple/few weeks...

Cheers!

Yes, the time has come for my somewhat annual bulk ingredient buy from BSG Handcraft. Looking to see if any other local home brewers are looking to stock up and if I can assist. If anyone anywhere reasonably drivable from Stow, MA is looking to save some money buying some grains, DME, dry yeast packets, or hops I'm putting together an order through BSG in the next couple weeks (ordering by 2/3/21). They offer most of their grains in 1, 10, and 50/55 lb sacks, DME in 1, 3, and 50/55 lb bags, and hops in 1 oz, 8 oz, or full lb increments. They offer dry yeast from most of the major manufacturers (Fermentis, Lallemand, Mangrove Jack, etc).

You won't see prices since one can only do that with an account with them, but here are links to their webpages for grains, DME, hops, and dry yeast to check out what they have: Malt - Grains | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Malt - Extract | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Hops | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Yeast | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew

If you're interested, please PM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere and will take necessary COVID precautions. Cheers!

There that should get this thread going. ha.

I was just wondering about this thread’s silence, and why we’d not heard the latest from bahstahn and was concerned about our nurse of most notable notoriety. Given the current state of things I hope he, and all of you, are staying safe. I won’t be hefting my 10g BIAB process for quite a while. I will live vicariously through the fermentation exploits of others.

Hi Whosradl,
I've just finished rebuilding my system and am gearing up to get back into brewing big time again. I'll PM you, as i'd like to get in on the bulk order. I live in Nashua and work in Burlington and Lex, so Stowe's no prob.

Happy New Year everyone - good to be back, instead of just lurking.

Mort

Yes, the time has come for my somewhat annual bulk ingredient buy from BSG Handcraft. Looking to see if any other local home brewers are looking to stock up and if I can assist. If anyone anywhere reasonably drivable from Stow, MA is looking to save some money buying some grains, DME, dry yeast packets, or hops I'm putting together an order through BSG in the next couple weeks (ordering by 2/3/21). They offer most of their grains in 1, 10, and 50/55 lb sacks, DME in 1, 3, and 50/55 lb bags, and hops in 1 oz, 8 oz, or full lb increments. They offer dry yeast from most of the major manufacturers (Fermentis, Lallemand, Mangrove Jack, etc).

You won't see prices since one can only do that with an account with them, but here are links to their webpages for grains, DME, hops, and dry yeast to check out what they have: Malt - Grains | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Malt - Extract | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew

If you're interested, please PM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere and will take necessary COVID precautions. Cheers!

Hi Whosradl,
I've just finished rebuilding my system and am gearing up to get back into brewing big time again. I'll PM you, as i'd like to get in on the bulk order. I live in Nashua and work in Burlington and Lex, so Stowe's no prob.

Happy New Year everyone - good to be back, instead of just lurking.

Mort

Awesome! I work in the Lincoln/Lexington area as well, so that should be no problem! I look forward to hearing from you.

I really miss this thread. I wish I could spend more time here like before. I don't like the New Normal The NN sux.

Just in case you weren't aware.

Took a ride with Kim yesterday out to Burrville, RI to pick up a bandsaw from Craigslist. Scenic route home, stopped at a FANTASTIC bbq joint in Blackstone. The brisket was righteous, and I had my first beer since the beginning of November. Nice selection, I had a very nice Kolsch. Kinda pricey, dropped upwards of $100 on lunch for two but the bandsaw was a steal.

I may be intrested in joining in. I have a bit left over |(2 batches worth) from when Strange Brew went out, but I should restock, at least with base and the stuff I use regularly. I need to think about it, and I'll let you know. |I'm in Framingham, so not far away. KInda wish I was still in Hudson, though that was a couple addresses ago.

I really miss this thread. I wish I could spend more time here like before. I don't like the New Normal The NN sux.

the bandsaw was a steal.

Been weird for most of us, but worse for you in your trade, no doubt. In fact, hard for me to imagine, ...then again, I could not imagine working in that sort of place even pre NN. Be like working in an office, but worse,.. but at least I guess you get some exercise.

I have a 36in DoAll metal bandsaw/contour machine for sale pretty cheap if you want another one.

Holy cow, that must be a beast.
Considering one could buy a pretty nice brand new vehicle for the new price on those, I'm curious what "pretty cheap" might be, but not gauche enough to ask ;)

Cheers!

I was thinking around a grand , but would consider serious offers. Should be noted it currently has 3 phase motor so most would need a phase convertor or 1 phase motor. Will post some pics if there is interest.

I may be intrested in joining in. I have a bit left over |(2 batches worth) from when Strange Brew went out, but I should restock, at least with base and the stuff I use regularly. I need to think about it, and I'll let you know. |I'm in Framingham, so not far away. KInda wish I was still in Hudson, though that was a couple addresses ago.

Great! I look forward to hearing from you. I've already had a few people reach out about getting in on the order, and Framingham is really easy to coordinate meeting up. Cheers!

I've heard say that "diets" that make the participant depressed, longing for real food & drink, are bound to fail, despite short term gains, or losses, as that seems to be goal. That's actually been "new news" since the late '70's.

Anyway, do what you got to do,... but we ain't calvinists around here are we,?... for the most part anyway....hopefully...

Or alternatively, as one of my last workplace bosses said to me, (back in the in the mid 80's) "get to work you slugs..." I always thought it was funny how he pretended to be kidding on that point, even....,,,,,sorry I guess I have digressed.

PS, I just re read this post, and probably makes no sense, but I got several minuts invested in writing it, so Happy Fryday campers.

Back