The Bruery "Freut" - - anyone try it yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Last night I picked up a bottle of this anniversary brew, BA has it at a 96. The shop where I found it had the Autumn Maple, which is what I was after, and in discussion with their beer guy he recommended the Freut as "one of the best beers I have ever had." It cost $32.99 plus tax, so I am not going to open it until a special occasion, maybe New Years, but if anyone has had it your feedback is welcome.

Yeah I saw the bottle at the shop...
I picked it up and put it down like 10 times....damn 35 bucks for a bottle of beer...
I didn't get it, but the shop has 3 cases and its not going to sell out quick..so I'm waiting....for next week :)
I'll probably cellar mine(when I get it
) for at least 3 years.....
Igotsand

Okay, so although I am saving the original bottle for the holidays, I kept thinking about it, and had to break down and buy another, which I had last night while catching up with season two of Game of Thrones. Geebus, I was going to take a picture and write a decent review, but at 15 percent I kind of got lost in it. It was reminiscent of the Beast from Avery, yet much sweeter, caramel, figs, toast, apples, very thick and a bit hot. Very dark brown, minimal carbonation, as I remember. I was way over the top, not something I would drink on a regular basis, but yea, worth the price of admission.

Back