The Brew Shed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argus79

Reaction score
This shed was here when I bought the house. It was falling down and partially covered in masonite siding that was rotting off. This summer I pulled down the old siding and replace several bad studs. I have since covered the outside in press board and plan to install vinyl siding next week. The shed sits on a storm cellar that stays at about 60 degrees thru summer and winter. The storm cellar currently holds Christmas decor and lawn equipment that needs to find a new home... very soon.

I plan to insulate the inside and put up some frp to facilitate easy cleanup. Their is a floor drain, electricity and running water that I also installed this summer.

My current brew setup is three tier 10 gallon propane. I will soon run natural gas from the house to the shed and begin building a brutus style single tier.:ban:

The shed sits on a storm cellar that stays at about 60 degrees thru summer and winter.
Sounds like an excuse to set up some crazy rig to have something on cask you can dispense in your shed! Looks like its gonna be an awesome project, can't wait to see the progress! I'd love to have my own designated brewing space... Though honestly, I think the wife might love it even more. Although if I were brewing in the shed the kitchen would never get the deep cleaning it gets every brew day. Seriously... our women have it lucky... what other man would sanitize their counter tops for them!

Although if I were brewing in the shed the kitchen would never get the deep cleaning it gets every brew day. Seriously... our women have it lucky... what other man would sanitize their counter tops for them!

haha so true Fid. My kitchen is spotless on Saturday or Sunday mornings from the brew night.

Wow, what a great place to brew. Do you plan to gravity drain into your fermenters? What a nice option that would be!

I moved from FL about 5 years ago and had never even seen a storm cellar, so the idea of usable space below ground is pretty cool to me. I do plan to one day gravity drain to the fermenter, but it will have to wait until I build a new shed to hold the weedwackers, push mowers, and light up singing santas.

I have found the more brewing stuff I carry out of the kitchen and office, the more SWMBO supports my hobby. Also, its easier to hide new toys! (No Honey, I've always had that... )

I highly recommend a P-Trap on that sink drain...unless it gets used "Very Often" its gonna smell to high heaven...But that is so freakin' awesome...so jealous!!!

The sink just runs outside through the wall. I don't exactly live in a dead restricted community! The shed is on a hill and my garden sits down the hill below the shed. I don't run a lot of water through the sink really just for rinsing things off. A P-trap would be a problem in the winter. The shed isn't insulated so I made the whole water system drainable(?). All the plumbing in the brewhaus is hooked to a food safe hose that I just connect to the house spigot on brew days. At the end of the day I open all the lines and let it completely drain.

Multi function building, brewing, drinking plus safety, this building should get a tax break. Homeless bier drinkers aka friends that will not leave can sleep below deck aka basement.

Its funny, we have two places to go during a storm; one is our inner most closet in the house (filled with wine secondaries) the other is the storm shelter (soon to be a fermentation chamber). Let the storms come, we are prepared!

So Tn gets its butt kicked by twisters? I've got the shakers this freaks out people but the island still stands above water, i'm safe so far.

Although we don't get as many as "tornado alley" we rank #1 in killer tornadoes as a % of all tornadoes.

Back