The Bräuler (Zythos Project)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggieactuary

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? It looks promising.

http://thezythosproject.tumblr.com/

I wonder if we'll be able to bottle condition in them.

from the website:

DON’T BREAK YOUR BEER!℠

Introducing the world’s first indestructible, lifetime-guaranteed, stainless steel modular growler system℠

The Bräuler™ is…

A tough-as-nails, customizable, stainless steel modular growler system for breweries, brewpubs, beer bars, home brewers, home consumers, and grocery retailers. Compared to standard glass growlers it is…

Superior to glass:

Durable and safe: food grade steel won’t shatter, chip, or crack
Lighter weight for shipping and owner transport

Better for Your Beer!℠:

Wide (1.75”) mouth easy to fill and clean
100% light-proof; deep-thread cap holds carbonation and freshness longer
Unique machined exterior collar receives multiple accessories, including basic cap, handle, bail top, and patented CO2-chargeable draft cap system™ (in development)

More Sustainable:

100% recyclable as a desirable metal
No loss due to breakage. Life cycle is longer than glass
Cools faster, cutting energy use (Brauler II, in development, will be double-walled)

More Innovative:

Low-cost, interchangeable cap system facilitates counter-pressure filling, pressurized dispense through a tap-cap (in development), customizable on-demand brewery labeling, and grocery store readiness
Perfect for car camping and backpacking. Carabiner ready!

More Affordable:

Cost is competitive with traditional German growlers and Kleen Kanteen
If you manage to break this container, we’ll replace it at no charge

Customizable:

Owners may upload laser-etched or ink-jet designs onto cap or sides
The BräuMaster Series™ features special finishes and handle treatments
QR-coded cap labels link owners with smartphones to brewery sites online and into social networks like Twitter, FaceBook, and The Zythos Society™
Interchangeable, label-ready cap discs are made of customizable, removable, collectible, Forest Stewardship Council-approved wood veneer

The Portland, Oregon-based ZYTHOS PROJECT is a brewing, design, and engineering collective dedicated to innovations in the art, science, and enjoyment of craft brewing.

THE ZYTHOS PROJECT:

Innovating Beer℠

*Established 2011*

Looks cool, I like this part.
and a machined exterior collar that's compatible with multiple accessories, include a basic cap, handle, bail top, and even a CO2-chargeable draft cap system.

Force carbing!

Huzzah.jpg

"Cost is competitive with traditional German growlers and Kleen Kanteen "

that means it should be around $20-25, right?

I got an email update they are ready to go to market, just got their first order from a local brewery in Oregon. Still no word on "retail price",

What brewery? Would love to get one of these things if I ever go to oregon!

They were rather vague, but they are planning to make them available to LHBS.

"Just got a big order for Bräulers from a classic Oregon brewer we love. Who’s got next? Brewers, email [email protected] for a quote!"

I emailed them earlier this week and inquired about their current order requirements / prices but still haven't heard back from them. I'd like to eventually pick one of these up depending upon the price.

The BraulerII will be double walled stainless steel. While I am filled full of want it is for the BraulerII. Pour cold beer into it from my keggerator and enjoy cold beer with no need of a cooler for hours... and it is park/lake friendly...

I got a response from Zythos. The minimum order is 144 bottles. They said the cost will be $45-$60 per bottle depending unless we can qualify for wholesale pricing. I'm waiting on a response to what could qualify me/us for wholesale pricing. I'm guessing an agreement for an annual order or a larger order, but I'll wait and see.

Also, I asked about getting a HomeBrewTalk etching, and they said it may be possible. But I'm sure it's extra.

I would be in for a group buy but on the Brauler II.

Back