The Bottle of the Future?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike bottles and cans however, storage and shelf-life does require refrigeration.

Naturally the article breezes right by this drawback. If it IS sealed like a bottle or can would be, why is refrigeration required? :drunk:

If they come capped and pre-sanitized, then that might be pretty cool. If you have to sanitize each one however...... Always a new mousetrap huh?

Stupid Idea.

They would be a pain to fill because they arent rigid, they are poppable, they need refridgeration, they are ugly, you couldnt drink out of one really, pouring out of one would probably be a crapshoot, when you opened them you would need to be extra careful not to squeeze them with your gripping hand or risk a huge gyser.

Stupid Idea.

Bottle of the future:

img_122.jpg

The "Beer Paq Carbo Pouch" is so wrong, for so many reasons, I elect not to start down that road.

As far as cans being the bottle of the future......I doubt it, in the sense that I don't think the can will ever displace bottles. Glass bottles with crown caps are an extremely simple and durable technology, as are swing-tops. The can is a proven container, no doubt, but there's nothing simple about the technology.

I am reminded of the salad days of the word processor, when various people were gushing that it meant the end of traditional writing methods. Well, the Egyptians brought in pen, ink & paper, which technology has been pretty durable for four plus millennia, and sales don't show any signs of flagging.....

Back