The Blonde Lives!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
So, I've got the day off and I'm brewing a blonde. All I've got on tap are dark beers....stone smoked porter clone (sooooo good, totally rebrewing this one!) and a stout. It's getting hot down here so I need something quafable. Que the blonde ale. 8lb 2row 2lb wheat 1.5oz EKG & S05....the simplest, lightest beer I've brewed.

Anyway, here's to everyone else out there brewing/drinking on this Thursday :mug:

Not brewing but certainly drinking on this Thursday. :mug:

Sound’s like a very drinkable ale you got going there. How’d it go?

I brewed a very similar blonde last Friday: 11.5lbs 2-row, 0.5lbs wheat, hallertau hops, US-05 yeast. That is the first really light beer I have brewed this year. I have a mild, 2 pale ales, and a summer bitter brewed, kegged and ready to drink this spring/summer.

This weather has me wanting to brew for 2 reasons: it is so damn nice out and I know it is only going to get hotter and I hate brewing when it is 90+ out so I am brewing like mad now.
:mug:

+1 Beerrific brewing when it's f'ing hot outside is no fun.
I need to do the same and get a good stockpile of summer beers going.

The brewday went well Mike, couldn't have asked for a better birthday :D I whirlpooled this time and let it rest for an hour before racking to the fermenter....man what a difference! It was crystal clear going in...can't wait to put it on gas

It's not going to get hot in Anchorage until..........well not for a while so i guess a summer beer is really all relative.

Back