The best band you've never heard of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
There's an awesome band out there making incredible music that you've probably never heard of. The band is Pinback, and you really should go listen to some of their music right now. The music they make usually has this really chill vibe, very melodic, but sometimes with kind of upsetting or spooky undertones. The songs are all very layered and complex, with subtle nuances blended in to create unique masterpieces.

I'm not sure if they are a band you have to listen to several times to get into, or if it's more of an instant appeal. I find a lot of music takes some time to appreciate. And I've seen other threads like this where some band is mentioned and I go check them out and I'm underwhelmed. That may happen with you here. I'm sure not everyone will be into it, but once you give them a chance, I'm sure several of you will be. Then I will feel like I've made a contribution to the world by spreading this magic!:D

So get tipsy to the point that you are feeling really good and chill, turn down the lights, get comfortable, and listen to this band. I'm sure at least some of you will find that you've discovered a new favorite band.

A few to get you started.

You can pretty much click on any of their songs though since they are all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm diggin it actually. I tend to be more into jam band type stuff (Phish, the Dead etc.), so this isn't too much of a stretch. They remind me of this band that my old roommate's cousin was in, Soapbox Paradox.

Yeah, really cool stuff.

I can't figure out how to imbed youtube stuff, but here's some links for soapbox paradox.

Never mind, It worked. Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Soapbox Paradox's sound. They are a little more upbeat and "beachy" than Pinback but really good. Kind of remind me of some mix of the offspring, smile empty soul, sublime, 311 and someone else I can't think of right now.

I really like Soapbox Paradox's sound. They are a little more upbeat and "beachy" than Pinback but really good. Kind of remind me of some mix of the offspring, smile empty soul, sublime, 311 and someone else I can't think of right now.

Rise Against

Well, all I know is the verse vocals on their first song remind me a little bit of Social Distortion.

Back