The Beer Gods are Smiling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
...upon my hefeweizen!!!

P4130013.jpg

This picture does not do the brew enough justice :mug: :mug:

Professor Frink said:
That's a good looking brew.

Thanks. It's a little darker because its an extract kit, but i don't care now i am in beer bliss :cross: . All grain is on the horizon! :rockin:

that is a nice looking Hefe!.

Funny I am thirsty it is only 5:45AM in the morning. I am depressed that I have to drink coffee.

Nice job on the brew

usnsti said:
Can I ask what recipe/kit that is? I want to make a hefe next and that looks good.....

Sure. It's AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen

.50 lb german pilsner
.50 lb Carapils
7 lb Wheat LME
.75 oz spalt 60 min.
.25 oz spalt 15 min.
Wyeast 3068*
I used the late-extract addition

*Note: i will report on the other half of the batch once it is finished conditioning. I split the batch in two and fermented at different temps to see if i could bring out the clove flavor of one and a banana flavor out of the other.

The one in the pic is the banana, and it is great. the banana is present, but not assertive. It also has a hint of clove.

But more to come later :D ...

Nice! that just looks beautiful! I can't wait to do some wheat beers! The heat is settling in here in southern California and I need some nice crisp refreshing COORS light! ( Joking ;) ) ... I mean, hefeweizen!!! I will be doing the AHS extract kits as well... I plan on doing the Bavarian Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, and German Weiss Bier. I sure hope the summer heat don't affect my brewing :(

bluedragoon85 said:
I sure hope the summer heat don't affect my brewing :(

You'll be alright. Sometime it gets hotter than fire and brimstone here in S. Florida. :cross: All you need is a good 'ol ice bath.

that does look good. What yeast did you use and about what temp were you able to ferment at? I have not done another hefe since my first one had so much banana that it was virtually undrinkable.

Matt Foley said:
that does look good. What yeast did you use and about what temp were you able to ferment at? I have not done another hefe since my first one had so much banana that it was virtually undrinkable.

I used Wyeast 3068 and fermented at FRT (Florida Room Temp. = 76-77 F). What yeast/ferment temp did you use for your hefe that had banana overkill? The banana flavor in mine is present but definately not assertive. I'd consider it low to mild.

I've got this one on order and can't wait to get crackin' on it...

How long did it ferment for? when did you bottle? Timeline on this badboy please!!!

I've got this one on order and can't wait to get crackin' on it...

How long did it ferment for? when did you bottle? Timeline on this badboy please!!!

The one i warm fermented (76-78F) finished in about 5 days, the cold on (62-66F) took about 8 or 9. Since it's a wheat its straight to the bottle after primary. let it carb for about 21 days and its tasty! :rockin:

Back