The answer is: 11 minutes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
How long does it take a pair of greyhounds to forget that is is raining and come bug you about taking a walk?

Much as I love rainy weather, I hate walking in the rain (this is probably why I don't get any dates). For the last two hours, Katie and Boss have come into the office every 11 minutes to remind me that the afternoon walk is over-due. I get up, walk out to the patio door and open it. They stare at the rain for a while, then go lie down. I shut the door and go back to the computer.

If this was just your ordinary Oregon drizzle, we'd head out, but it's real "200-yards and you're soaked" rain. We all got drenched this morning on the way back up the hill and I really don't want a repeat.

Two more minutes.

I have a Lab- he doesn't even notice when it's pouring, snowing, a blizzard, or windy. He doesn't like days over 85 degrees (once a year, if that), but otherwise he's oblivious to weather.

I also hate walking in the rain. Nothing romantic about it at all- you get cold and wet and it's miserable. My dog doesn't even notice it.

One of my dogs knows when it is raining, he will NOT go outside. I am pretty sure he has held his business all day to avoid the rain. Eventually I have to make him go out, he looks like I killed his mother or something.

1 of ours likes the rain, the other one is like berrifics, wouldnt go out in the rain or snow if her life depended on it. I have to throw her out, and even then she has peed & pooped on the deck & begged to be let back in.

Silly..

My lab shepherd loves rain and all forms of water, until it's time for a bath. Then getting wet is like torture.

I have a Chow mix. He is very vain about his big mane of hair. He will not even go out if it too humid because it messes up his do.

Oh yeah, he also hates wet grass and will not walk on it for anything.

He has gone 18 hours while it was raining without going out. Now we have a covered porch so he will go out there and hang out during rain but won't venture into the rain.

If it's raining hard and the dog needs to go out, I open the door, the dog looks outside, and just turns around looking all sad.
But if there's only mildew on the lawn, then the dog will run out and roll around in it. :confused:

We have a beagle. He doesn't give a damn about rain, snow, sun, wind - as long as his nose is to the ground and he's tracking something. It's always a hoot when he sticks his nose down into the snow and bulldozes around the backyard.

He's a sunbather, though - he moves his bed around my office to always be napping in a sunbeam.

I don't mind walking in the rain. It has never bothered me. A little water never hurt anybody. Now...having to dry off a completely soaked dog...now that I hate.

My dog doesn't care...he wants his run rain or shine. But i don't wanna have to hose the mud off of him and then dry him so no-go when it's raining. As long as he gets the 'post-run-scooby-snack' he's OK though.

My dog knows that at some point during commercial break during PTI on ESPN I'll take him for the run.
PTI intro music...there he sits at my feet staring and wagging.
Then he'll relax.
PTI goes to commercial...there he sits at my feet staring and wagging.
Then he'll relax.

He's a case study for Pavlovian Conditioning (sounds like a brew term).
Dominoes commercial with doorbell tone at end of commercial?
Jake perks up and gives a low 'woof' at the very first sounds of that commercial. Every damn time...no other commercials but ones with doorbell tones in them.

He even howls with certain passages of music...the exact same passages at the exact same part...no other times. I can even play it on my guitar and he'll howl at the exact same part. I haven't figured out if he hates it or loves it yet.:D But he def 'recognizes' it.

At least you get 11 minutes!

My dumba$$ cat while practically howl to go out, you open the door and he's gone. Soon as you turn your back "Meooooooowl".

Ironically, it's taken me 11 years to realise that I actually hate cats.

I got it; but I was wondering why you didn't go with the obvious exact double post but I respect your choice. ;)

Too many lame-brained morons here do the double post by accident. I wanted it to look deliberate.

PS. If anyone here has ever accidentally made a double post, I was not calling you a lame-brained moron, I was talking about that other guy. Jesus, he is such an idiot!!

If it's raining hard and the dog needs to go out, I open the door, the dog looks outside, and just turns around looking all sad.
But if there's only mildew on the lawn, then the dog will run out and roll around in it. :confused:

Funny how as humans we will not go out in the rain, but then when it stops raining we will run outside and jump in a giant swimming pool. I hate getting wet, unless its all at once :D

Funny how as humans we will not go out in the rain, but then when it stops raining we will run outside and jump in a giant swimming pool. I hate getting wet, unless its all at once :D

Funny how as humans we will not go out in the cold rain, but then when it stops raining we will run outside and jump in a giant warm swimming pool. I hate getting wet, unless its all at once :D

Fixed that for you. ;)

I would love it if just once the rain didn't feel cold. When it is cold out it is cold. When it is warm out it is still always colder than the air.

My dog avoids going out in the rain by staying under the covering of our covered deck but peeing on a bush. If he has to poo, he runs quickly to an area that's partially covered by a huge fir tree and partially covered by rhododendrons and poos there.

My dog avoids going out in the rain by staying under the covering of our covered deck but peeing on a bush. If he has to poo, he runs quickly to an area that's partially covered by a huge fir tree and partially covered by rhododendrons and poos there.

You are way too posh. My dog doesn't poo....He takes a ****!

I save him the bother of hiding his sh!ts. I just command him to **** between my toes and save me the bother of stepping on it.

my dog has the attention span of .... Jenny McCarthy does have some nice boobs and I will keep calling Hefe's Hefe's DB so there.

do I take the little blue pill at 5 or the red one?

My dog lays in the grass with the rain pouring down on him without a care. He is clearly not as much of an idiot as Irregular Pulse. :D

We can't all be Valedictorian. Without the slow, the intelligent wouldn't feel so special. I'm what they call a "Self-Esteem-Booster".

I had a border collie years ago. Not many people know this, but she invented the umbrella during time off from doing my homework for me. Man, them border collies are smart.

my shepard could care less what the weather is as long as its not hot. the momma lab i have is the fussy one she does her business and then comes in if its raining her daughter will come in looking like a chocolate lab instead of her normal blonde/yellow color. the dad however doesn't care as long as i'm out there with him with a gun in my hands(he's a duck and ball obsessed dog for sure)

My black lab hates the outdoors, period. There are wild animals and bugs out there. Flies drive her bat****.

The yellow lab practically vibrates to go out and play, but she won't go out with the old black girl. You can almost hear the groan when she gets up and I swear she mumbles under her breath.

I had a border collie years ago. Not many people know this, but she invented the umbrella during time off from doing my homework for me. Man, them border collies are smart.

We adopted a mutt a year ago and she has turned out to be mostly border collie. Before we moved next to a family with a large yard and a dog she could run with daily, we were taking her on two to three walks a day (each was ~2 miles). That was just so that she'd calm down at night. LOTS of energy.

She is also too smart. She is a good dog, but if she is off leash she knows she doesn't have to obey and you can actually see her calculating the risk/reward.

Back