The alchemist cannery (heady topper)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
Driving back home from canada this was 2mins out of the way! Bought a case...

ForumRunner_20130111_112220.jpg

ForumRunner_20130111_112209.jpg

ForumRunner_20130111_112155.jpg

Has anyone been in the past few weeks? From what I understand they have doubled production. I'm going up in a few weeks and wanted to make sure they won't be sold out at the brewery on Friday. Just wanted to make sure if I stopped by Hill Farmstead first they'd still have a case waiting for me at the brewery.

Has anyone been in the past few weeks? From what I understand they have doubled production. I'm going up in a few weeks and wanted to make sure they won't be sold out at the brewery on Friday. Just wanted to make sure if I stopped by Hill Farmstead first they'd still have a case waiting for me at the brewery.

Could you email the brewery directly and ask them to hold a case for you?

I can try but they've commented on the FB page that they don't hold cases. Can't hurt to try I suppose

Well perhaps if they wouldn't hold it for you they could at least let you know if they're going to be in stock or not? I haven't tried this beer yet but it sounds delightful!

They almost always post when they're out at their brewery. If you're going on a Friday you should probably head in early.

Good for them that they've got so much business that their beer sells out in 2-3 days. I imagine they'll keep adding tanks and expanding if this keeps up.

Here's their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/alchemistbeer?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm gonna hopefully make a trip there this summer. Because I need a time where I can request to have a Monday off so I can go there for fresh cans.

Yeah i've checked the site but they recently upgraded a few more barrels I think. We are aiming to be at Hill Farmstead at 12 for opening and heading straight to Alchemist. I'd do Alch first but it makes more sense to drive to HF and go East since we are staying in Burlington

Yeah i've checked the site but they recently upgraded a few more barrels I think. We are aiming to be at Hill Farmstead at 12 for opening and heading straight to Alchemist. I'd do Alch first but it makes more sense to drive to HF and go East since we are staying in Burlington

You can try calling them on Thursday and seeing if you can pre-buy an order if you will. LIke you call them and say can I buy a case now and pick it up Friday afternoon. Not saying it will work, but it's probably your best option if you want to be sure you get the beer.

edit I should say try calling them on Wednesday.

Change of plans. Coming from Boston it is only an extra 40 minutes to do Alchemist first we we're doing that. I'd hate to miss out on the topper. Want a case but also don't want it to go bad... decisions

It won't "go bad" in the same way milk does. It just won't be the way they intend you to drink it. As a strong beer it won't be adverse to aging you'll lose some hop nose and pick up a more malty flavor over time. I aged 90 minute and I enjoyed the end results.

Also, the beer is still amazing after a month or two. Totally worth it to get a case if you can't get it regularly

Back