That Beer Is Cool, Dad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
That was the response from my four year old. I poured the first big pint from my brown porter and took it into the living room to hold it up to the light to look at the color. It was a nice dark brown with a big tan head on it. My son immediately recognized it as beer and said it looked cool. I asked him why, and he replied, "Cause it's dark dark dark dark dark." He's seen many of my other beers with colors of amber, orange and red, but this is the first time he's commented on the appearance.

Ha. Good job Dad.

Mine refers to all of my beers as coffee. And I have yet to even pour my first stout (since he's been verbal).

Think I am going to keep letting him call it coffee.

Ha. Good job Dad.

Mine refers to all of my beers as coffee. And I have yet to even pour my first stout (since he's been verbal).

Think I am going to keep letting him call it coffee.

Probably a good call. When he goes to school and the teacher asks him what his daddy does, he'll say "he drinks a loooooooot of coffee." Less awkward at the parent-teacher conference than the alternative. :drunk:

That's very cute, Brewsmith. Before you know it, he'll be making his own!
Only with my supervision. ;)

My son is a smart cookie. I don't advertize that I'm drinbking "beer" but he seems to know the difference between beer and other beverages. He does understand that it is something that daddy drinks and he can't have it until he's older. I was amazed though that he immediately knew that it was beer and not Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper, two other beverages common in our house.

I'm guessing that it might be due to the BMC advertizing that he's already experienced at such a young age. That porter definately does not match the commercials.

Back