Quantcast

Thanks to All Especially the SWMBO!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Sharkeydude

Reaction score
Hey, long time reader, first time poster.
Just a word of thanks to everyone here. I have been reading your posts for 6 months now getting ready for my first batch in 12 years. I brewed today! An easy Liberty Cream Ale kit but, man, was it nice to get back again. I never realized how much I missed the smell of boiling wort.
Because of your advice, it was a snap. Got a Bayou Classic, a couple of Better Bottles and a 3 keg system and a wort chiller. I boiled the full 5(1/2)g at once. Next time I'm going to siphon from the pot after a whirlpool though. I'm going to secondary in the keg then finish in a keg as well.
No, I didn't take any gravity readings this time. I just wanted to let time take it's path. It seems a bit more relaxing that way. From what I read here most of you don't on every batch. I just want to do it for fun.
And the SWMBO, let me get everything on the list, even brought me a burger today! Life is good!
Thanks for everything.

zac

Thread Killer
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is this an acceptance speech?

Im just messin, Congrats to yuh!

Best things have changed a little bit since the last time you brewed haven't they? Lots of new inner-web retailers, lots of new practices...

Couevas

Reaction score
Congrats!!!!

Welcome home! Now the obsession can take root again.......

OP
S

Sharkeydude

Reaction score
Is this an acceptance speech?

Im just messin, Congrats to yuh!

Best things have changed a little bit since the last time you brewed haven't they? Lots of new inner-web retailers, lots of new practices...
LOL! I'd like to thank the Academy...
Man things have really changed in 12 years. Of course the internet has launched this hobby into a new realm. Equipment and the use of has really taken a turn for the better. First time for me with the Better Bottles. I'm a bit wary of it as a primary but, I'm committed now. I guess that's why I chose the keg set-up. Man when I first started this, Cornies were something we had to beg for at the soda plants and then, getting parts was a whole other thing. I hate bottling so the kegs are a relief!