Thank you HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
Long time lurker, occasional poster.

I started brewing in 2008 with Cooper kits and moved into all-grain. I've made some terrible brews and have had to dump a few beers down the drain, but instead of giving up, I've tried to learn my mistakes.

Over the last year or so, I've incorporated full boils, a wort chiller, a chest freezer with a temperature controller, a stir plate for yeast starters, and an aeration kit.

This past week the first recipe I've ever designed (Thank you Mr. Ray Daniels) placed 1st in the Amber Hybrid Category in homebrew competition with a score of 40. The last competition I entered was two years ago, and my score was a 19.

I am shocked. Mostly because this is my first recipe but also because I've seen the massive improvements in my beers with each step forward in yeast quality control, technique, and equipment. I would never have won anything with the knowledge and experience in this forum.

I just wanted to say thanks. My fiance wants to drink my beer and is much more supportive of my hobby than when I first started.

Sounds like you've learned a lot on here. Myself as well. I got the full three thumbs up from Gary at home brewer tv on my 2nd brew. That def stoked my fire. So it's kinda the same thing,a good feeling of accomplishment,certainly.:mug:

I guess you didn't get the joke. When they give you a score of 40, it means it tasted like something out of a 40 oz bottle!
oe8003.jpg

seriously, congrats on the improvements!

Back