Thank you HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cytokine

Reaction score
Took some of my beer to a pig picking on Sunday. It went fast, I made a lot of friends and got a bunch of people interested in coming over for brew night (makeing and drinking) in a couple of weeks.

Concensus was that my beer was pretty darned good. I credit this forum for nearly everything I know about making beer.

Thanks to you all.

\I was drinking apfelwein and although my 10 year old son talked me into letting him drive the tractor around the farm, I did teach him to drive carefully enough so as to not spill my drink.

\\Not only that but two apfelwein nights in a row (strong with the force) and no hangover. :tank:

Took some of my beer to a pig picking on Sunday.

You get to pick your own pigs!!?? What kind of forward liberal thinking goes on in your town!?

Sorry, but here in Norwalk, Ohio your pig is chosen for you by your parents when you are six years old. If you don't marry it by age seventeen you are cast naked onto the "Vengence rock" to survive or die.

Can I move to the pig picking place please? :drunk:

I could have predicted this. Why is it always you :D ?

Actually, there was a whole herd of sheep on the farm at which the pig picking was held. You would have been in heaven.

This was to have been a serious thread. I'll get you LGI, and your little dog Toto too.

I have been to several guitar pickin's, but never a pig picking. How do you know if you got an ugly one? Experience? J.K. - Dwain

OK so I have to ask and would appreciate a PM incase I forget to check this thread for a response... .... WTF is a "pig picking"?????????????????

I have been to 3 county fairs and 14 goat FUC&^%gs and have not heard of anything like that!

Isn't pig picking where a bunch of guys get a buzz on and go looking for larger women to FxxK?

OK so I have to ask and would appreciate a PM incase I forget to check this thread for a response... .... WTF is a "pig picking"?????????????????

I have been to 3 county fairs and 14 goat FUC&^%gs and have not heard of anything like that!

Take a whole pig (well minus the guts), put him on a smoker for ~10-24 hours depending on size of the pick. Baste pig while cooking, drink large amounts of beer.

When the pig comes off, just pick off the best pulled pork you have ever had.

consume with large amounts of beer.

Take a whole pig (well minus the guts), put him on a smoker for ~10-24 hours depending on size of the pick. Baste pig while cooking, drink large amounts of beer.

When the pig comes off, just pick off the best pulled pork you have ever had.

consume with large amounts of beer.

This.

The rest of you are either out of your collective minds or just need to head south of Mason's and Dixon's some day when I have my smoker fired up.

I noticed two of you are from the State of Washington and I understand that pathology, being originally from Seattle myself. I used to think that barbecue was putting hamburgers over coals and the like.

When I moved to the South I discovered that unless the event involves a whole animal and you dig a hole in the ground, it simply ain't barbecue.

By the way, LGI, I find it impossible to believe that you are unfamiliar with the ways of pulled pork given your sense of humor. After all, laughter is the very best form of contraception...

If you're ever heading to the triangle area of NC, PM me in advance and I'll see what I can do to enlighten you. About barbecue.

smoker?? Bahhhh... go pit and you'll never go back.

Or better yet, put your smoker in a pit :cross:. Don't forget to baste the swine in rendered beer and cover it in beer flavored foil.

Seriously though, not all of us have the real estate for a pit. I do ok with my smoker.

smoker?? Bahhhh... go pit and you'll never go back.

Well guess it depends on your definition of a pit, but what I consider a pit isn't mobile, though some would call this a pit (not my pic, but best i could find in google that is close to it)

wedhog1.jpg

got to be able to go where the party is :)

Of course if you have this,then the party will find you

When I was in high school, my BIL's family used to hold a big get together every summer where they'd have two pits going. One with a whole lamb and the other with a side of beef. It was truly fantastic.

yeah that is a great way to do it, but lets see you move your cooker to the deer camp, friends house, etc :).

Permanent pits are great and are a lot easier, and make a very moist pig, but for the versatility and mobility of a smoker, I think it's probably a draw on which is best.

Not going to argue about it... what you like is what you like. Personally... for me... my set up works pretty well. If I want mobility, I roast the pig and take it with me. I've done that for three of four Patriots tailgates. And in terms of versatility... I don't get what you mean. I've cooked steaks, up to 20 racks of ribs on it, all sorts of stuff and have done several clam bakes with it. Get a nice fire going, knock down the flame and drop two huge tubs of lobsters, clams, mussels, etc on there... that's good eatin'.

Where the hell is my shovel? I'm all over this.

Just gotta dig it where the kids won't fall in. Much.

Back