Testing of my 240V 30A BIAB eBrew Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wogman75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly lurk on these thread but have been slowly building my Recirculating 240V 30A BIAB Electric System for about 3 years now. Finally got around to testing it over the Christmas break from work. I am next planning on installing my stainless steel sink and water setup so I can start brewing in the basement. I went with a false bottom instead of a basket and the element is mounted below the false bottom. I plan to let the bag rest on the false bottom during mash. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. I credit all the information and ideas I received on these forums. Thanks

Last edited:
Awesome Setup. Very interested in a similar type system, but was leaning towards a stainless mash basket In lieu of Nylon. Any idea on total Build Cost?

Awesome Setup. Very interested in a similar type system, but was leaning towards a stainless mash basket In lieu of Nylon. Any idea on total Build Cost?
Thanks, I am almost afraid to know. I kept most receipts somewhere at least for the major items, I'll see if I can pull them together for a cost estimate. I know I got the chugger Pump for Christmas one year and I got a Cereal Killer for Christmas this year. When I started this project there weren't many prebuilt controllers for sale, I know shortly after I started ordering all the components my buddy bought a 1st Gen picoBrew E-BIAB aka (BrewBoss) and has been making good beer ever since. I may be the tortoise but hopefully the beer is good too.

Pretty cool setup. I am a total cheapskate. I am building an eKeggle system for between $300-400.

I been reading all the threads about the condensers with no overhead vent and wish I had gone that route as I do get a little dripping out the bottom of my fan while doing a full boil. Only thing I had going for me is the previous owner of my home had a Kiln and it vented through the vent I am using for my brewery so I didn't have the cost or pain of trying to figure that out.

Last edited:
Back