Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles premiers tonight. Anyone watching? I've been looking forward to it for a while now. I have high hopes for it, but I'm gonna wait until I watch it tonight.

IMDB said:
From the creators of "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," this series is set after the events of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." After the sacrifices of Dr. Miles Dyson and T-800 Model 101 Terminator, the Connors find themselves once again being stalked by Skynet's agents from the future. Realizing their nightmare isn't over, they decide to stop running and focus on preventing the birth of Skynet. With the aid of Cameron Phillips, a beautiful girl who has a mysterious past also linked to the future, they begin a quest stop the United States military from creating the program that will bring humanity to an end.

Also,
Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins is in the making. It's still early, but Christian Bale is rumored to be in it, and he's credited at IMDB.com

rickylr said:
It caught my interest as well. I'll TIVO it (or, actually, DVR it) and watch it later.

Rick

Same here. It's either gonna be awesome or horrible. There's no room for in between.

Im pretty skeptical about this whole thing. I agree it is either going to be good, or completely bomb. Im going to give it a chance though.

mr_stimey said:
Im pretty skeptical about this whole thing. I agree it is either going to be good, or completely bomb. Im going to give it a chance though.

Have you ever seen Summer Glau in action? I think you will like it!

This is a scene from Firefly, check out the bar fight. Summer is a trained dancer and can do the most amazing moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I;m just supper peeved about the time slot... It had better be temporary, Ive been watching the Simpson's at that time for nigh-on-to most my life....

deathweed said:
I;m just supper peeved about the time slot... It had better be temporary, Ive been watching the Simpson's at that time for nigh-on-to most my life....

I love the time slot. It's on at 8:00 here. If it were on at 9:00 I would be screwed. SWMBO watches Desperate Housewives at 9:00 and that's a battle that I think I would lose.:(

i kinda liked it but knowing fox they'll move it to during the week when i'm working. they did it to me with bones after i got hooked

I DVR'd it. Hoping its good. There is another episode on tomorrow night. I think Mondays will be the regular night.

Maybe I missed the explanation but if they are going to send the Terminator back in time to kill John why don't they just send it back and kill Sarah's mother or Sarah as a baby?

TxBrew said:
Maybe I missed the explanation but if they are going to send the Terminator back in time to kill John why don't they just send it back and kill Sarah's mother or Sarah as a baby?

That's a whole new can o worms. Or Sarah's Mom. Or Sarah's grandma. :cross:

'Cause you can't get three movies and a TV series out of that scenario. A two minute scene at the hospital and movie's over. :)

Rick

I would think they would have wrapped up that loophole with some explanation that I missed but maybe not.

Also why not send 50 Terminators back. Why limit yourself to just one.

Come on Tx. Ya just can't apply too much logic to time travel stories. No matter what, there's a scenario that brings an end to the whole story. How about this: No matter how many terminators each side sends back, one side wins eventually, right? In that case the "other" side never exists in the future and therefore can't send any terminators back in time and all of a sudden the whole story dissappears. Just take it for what it is.

I just got done watching the Pilot and keeping in mind that it is just a pilot, I thought it was awesome. The kid playing John Conner is perfectly matched to the previous actors playing that part. I'm not sure about Sara's character, she's a little too hot and not nearly tough enough looking to fit the mold, but I'm willing to give it time. The new good terminator was terrific! The new evil terminator is ok. I'm looking forward to the next couple of shows to see how the whole story vs action ratio works out. My overall rating is "So far so good" :)

I thought the first episode was good, def reserving judgment until I see another...

the Bionic Woman didn't do it for me... I thought it downright was blah and crap.

I was REALLY looking forward to it....like for the months of advertising.

I thought it was okay. I dont like the new "more friendly, human feel" bodyguard terminator. I think she needs to be a little more machinelike.

Also, she is HOT, so that is nice to watch. <borat>Very nice</borat>

I liked how when the real terminator went into the bank his ear (the part destroyed by the explosion) was a wire, I wonder if that was some screwup. The T-800 chasis do not have ears and if we can grow human era cartilage now on a mouse back they could have done something different.

I also dont think a T-800 model could break into a bank vault.

And my only other issue with that was were there any actual working safety deposit boxes?

Lol...other than that cannot wait until tonight...

Dunno...it's taking a lot of suspended disbelief to see Sarah Connor as anyone other than Linda Hamilton (I really don't like the actress they chose, she seems too cold and detached and like she's just going through the motions). The kid looks kind of like a younger Nick Stahl, so that at least helps a little bit, but he's surely no Eddie Furlong! :D The Terminator is no Arnold, but he does a pretty good job playing the cold machine part---though, Robert Patrick was the ultimate. The chick playing the bodyguard Terminator sucks balls, I gotta say. Where did they find these people, anyway? The West Hollywood bus terminal? :p

We'll see how tonight's ep looks. I just don't know how long they can drag this on...

TxBrew said:

That's what I said to SWMBO last night. Why not just go back in time another 100 years and kill his great great great grandfather?

But I guess if they did that then there wouldn't be much of a series.

I watched this last night and I was surprised at how interested I was in it. It has promise, but I'm not going to say it's a great show yet. We'll see how tonight's episode goes (is the one tonight a new one or a re-air of last night's episode?)

ohiobrewtus said:
It has promise, but I'm not going to say it's a great show yet. We'll see how tonight's episode goes (is the one tonight a new one or a re-air of last night's episode?)

A new one...

Also I have great faith that it will be gayed up (not that theres anything wrong with that), just like they did prison break and 24 and even the x-files.

My main issue with this show is the timeslot. Its regular night is going to be Mondays at 9 est. My DVR already works overtime on Mondays when there's new episodes of 2 1/2 men, how I met your mother, Heroes, Chuck, and CSI Miami.

Sounds like a good excuse to get another DVR. :D

ohiobrewtus said:
My main issue with this show is the timeslot. Its regular night is going to be Mondays at 9 est. My DVR already works overtime on Mondays when there's new episodes of 2 1/2 men, how I met your mother, Heroes, Chuck, and CSI Miami.

Sounds like a good excuse to get another DVR. :D

Or you could always just fix your DVR to record good shows...:p ;)

What's that you say?
fighting0030.gif
mad0040.gif

I'm thinking most people who are asking about alt way to kill Sarah and John haven't seen T3 yet. It starts to explain most of the idea when they explain why Skynet still exists and wages war on humanity even though Miles Dyson was killed and his research blown sky high.

The future WILL happen, it only changes a bit at a time. Miles didn't invent Skynet at that moment, but someone else would and the machines would still take over. You can kill Sarah and/or John, but likely someone else would step up and be a leader of the resistance. Either way, you change bits of the future, but inevitably it will still occur in a similar manner anyway.

And I think the terminator chick is hot as all get out. I'm a little wierded out by the possibility of John falling in love with her, but likely we'll get more explanation abou that in future episodes. Since the Arnold terminator was supposedly created in the likeness of his father, maybe this new chick is created in the likeness of his future wife? They seem to like making those connections.

jezter6 said:
I'm thinking most people who are asking about alt way to kill Sarah and John haven't seen T3 yet. It starts to explain most of the idea when they explain why Skynet still exists and wages war on humanity even though Miles Dyson was killed and his research blown sky high.

The future WILL happen, it only changes a bit at a time. Miles didn't invent Skynet at that moment, but someone else would and the machines would still take over. You can kill Sarah and/or John, but likely someone else would step up and be a leader of the resistance. Either way, you change bits of the future, but inevitably it will still occur in a similar manner anyway.

And I think the terminator chick is hot as all get out. I'm a little wierded out by the possibility of John falling in love with her, but likely we'll get more explanation abou that in future episodes. Since the Arnold terminator was supposedly created in the likeness of his father, maybe this new chick is created in the likeness of his future wife? They seem to like making those connections.
So if the future occurs regardless of who you kill, the entire premise of the story is bogus.

Lil' Sparky said:
So if the future occurs regardless of who you kill, the entire premise of the story is bogus.

No, think about it: since the beginning, the main objective of the "good guys" has been to make sure that John Conner (and by extension, his mother before he's born) survives. They do this not to stave off nuclear holocaust, but because he's the leader of the resistance after said holocaust.

I guess the premise goes like this: you can change little pieces of the future, but you can't change the fact that Skynet kasplodes the planet, however it happens. It's convoluted, but how else ya gonna sustain the franchise for 4 films plus a teevee show?

You must understand that the whole concept of time travel as a plot vehicle is inherently problematic. Think about the gymnastics they had to go through in the BTTF franchise just to make it plausible. Remember BTTF 2? They explained the problems by having Doc Brown tell Marty in a loony voice that if he met his "other" self, he could cause a rip in the space-time continuum :drunk: .

Even with the original terminator, it makes little sense that John was the one that sent his own dad back in time to impregnate his mother....chicken vs. egg.

The long and the short of it is, it's best not to think about it too much, lest it ruin the story.

I liked the Terminator films, but any action film converted to a weekly TV series usually sucks and any action series done for Fox, doubly so. Last night was no exception, IMO. After the hokey dialogue ("get the guns, I'll make pancakes" - puhleeze!), I switched over to something else. This show reminds me of Prison Break, 24 and all the other Fox action shows. All are laughable.

sTango said:
LOL....:off: but that sounds alot like religion!

Indeed...indeed. The whole time-travel conundrum sounds a bit like the ol' mind-teaser, "if god is omnipotent and all-powerful, who created him"?:p

Leave it up to them to make the "good" terminator some hot chick and sarah some hot milf. They tried to make John rough, but he's just some banana republic ***** wearing a button up flannel shirt and some ripped jeans. Then they put this sexual tension between John and the terminator... idk... its made for TV crap. The characters are not even CLOSE. Just another lousy tv drama loosely based on a sick ass movie. They use the terminator name to pull in viewers, then try to keep the crowd with a couple hotties running around naked. Might as well be watching days of our lives.

At least there's a chance that the new improved protector model will be fleshy on the inside.

Back