Temporary Labelling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madwilliamflint

Reaction score
I'm just getting started in this madness. Meads, fruit wines, that "simple rice wine", etc.

I'm hooked and currently have no less than 11 separate batches in primary and secondary fermenters (mostly 1 gallon test batches, but a lot of 3s, a couple 5s and a 6.5).

I'm hesitant to put permanent labels on those gorgeous soft-shoulder punted wine bottles I have, seeing as how I'm generally bottling things in half-case increments.

What do y'all do as far as labeling glassware that's going to be reused?

Everything's straight now, but I'm about 2 bottlings away from "wait...what was that batch?"

I label the cap. I think they're 5461. I print the name, ABV, and brewed date. It works out well and I never worry about having to remove them.

Masking tape and a marker work great. If you want an actual label, glue sticks and the label printed on plain white paper work really well.

Nice. Yeah, it sounds like masking tape is the winner here.

Once I'm done with my first couple rounds of experiments and I'm sure of my results I'll use real labels.

The whole "The clear bottles with the tasting corks are strawberry wine, the punted green soft-shoulder ones without them are apricot mead." thing is getting old. People look at me like ...well, like that sentence had just come out of my mouth.

Check out GrogTag or one of the new similar removable label companies. They do a nice job printing and you can write all the details on crayon on the labels. YOu can also get them wet and they won't run or come off. A bit pricey, but worth it if they're going to last for a few years.

like 6$ for 1000
VcG6cCR.jpg

v1d4MpR.jpg

SU67aZW.jpg

Back